Grand Prix 2018 Mexico Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Angel, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Clay

Clay Test Driver

He didn't have an issue with his car at the start, it was simply a bad get away nor did he have Verstappen's pace once again. He got pole on Saturday, but it would have been worth nothing even if he had reached the finish because he lost it all in the race. My reaction is intentionally just as exaggerated as the criticism towards Verstappen on Saturday which was that he failed when he was under pressure which is ridiculous considering the gap was less than three hundreds of a second.

Hasn't Hamilton been the sore loser all season long, making remarks such as 'interesting tricks' (Spa), disappearing from interviews (Silverstone) etc.. What a skewed comment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Clay I agree the criticism of Verstappen was wrong on Saturday (although I think it was only from one or two posters) but I must pull you up on Ricciardo 'not having the pace of Verstappen'. We actually never got to see whether he did or not. He was either battling others around him or on older tyres than Max throughout the whole race so the question never got answered. I think in a straight match there would have been a tenth difference at most with it fluxing depending on who has a good lap and who has a bad one.

If Ricciardo hadn't accidently engage the Mark Webber start mode off the line I think we'd have had a good race.

4. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    At the time I believe Helmut Marko said something along the lines of 'Mr Vettel's wage bill is costing us a fortune'. Plus he wasn't a young and upcoming driver anymore, that is the kind Red Bull seem to like to have. So in 2014 Seb's car became awful enough to drive that he walked away without them having to ask him to leave so to speak. That's how I saw it anyway and I am seeing the same kind of thing with Ricciardo now, he's served his purpose and they've moved on.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  5. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I expect to see Max treated the same way in 3-4 years, after he has shown that he won't be winning any titles, and a new prodigy has been found.

Angel and gethinceri like this.
  6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Why you trying to start a fight i meant nothing but admiration to vettel. There has been few times when vettel has been annoying & honestly most F1 Drivers on that grid have acted like children. I was just glad to see to see such a great sportsmanship & maturity from vettel. It was mustve been such a tough time for him. So to heartfelt congratulate lewis & the whole of side of the garage. Was great to see. Because like or not they are role models & its great example to youngsters

Angel, Chasz and RasputinLives like this.
  7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    What is worrying for Ricciardo - Renault his future team got lapped twice in the race so nearly 3 minutes behind his current team which translates to 2.5 seconds per lap . That is a whopping difference :rolleyes:

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    So angry and worried was Max - he only got 3 hours sleep on Saturday. That is some performance then to win on Sunday without affecting your driving .

I think on Saturday he showed the wrong attitude to the situation and needed just to take a step back and rethink which is what he did on Sunday to win the race brilliantly.

Everyone is talking about him being a world championship challenger potentially. We've not seen him as an undisputed No1 so lets see how he fares next season

9. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Red Bull is saying that DRs problem was clutch.

10. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Isn't the excuse they rolled out everytime Webber had a crap start too?

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Hydraulic failure was the apparent cause but it does seem Red Bull do have lot of those issues

12. olegg

olegg Race Winner

13. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Do you think he would like to race with them ? Remove Bottas. Insert Vettel. It would be interesting.

14. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

It was a class act to come and congratulate MB's team. Torger and Sebastian are neighbors in Switzerland, and visit each other often when an opportunity knocks on the door. It has been however revealed, that they never talk shop.

15. I think that Vettel is a nice guy and a real racer

Angel likes this.
  16. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Every single world champion is a psychopath. The nice guy bit is all an act.

RasputinLives likes this.
  17. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    :o And I thought I was getting cynical as I got older! I think some of them really are nice guys, not all I grant you, but some.

18. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

None of the active drivers is known to display unstable (psycho) tendencies thus charge is misplaced. I do not pretend to understand a person who feels comfortable to drive "that" fast, but then, I also do not understand minds of pilots bombing cities either and thinking of themselves as good guys. In any sport, performing arts and similar arenas we find people who are behaving differently than most of us. Funny thing is, we must like it, because we tune in, buy gate tickets, and applaud.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  19. Clay

Clay Test Driver

The way you phrased it made it read as if it had been the first time he congratulated Hamilton in a proper manner which isn’t the case. I don’t know which moments your talking about when you say Vettel has been annoying, but at least he hasn’t been the one pointing fingers saying this and that is illegal and what not.

20. Clay

Clay Test Driver

It became an issue on lap 7 according to Horner.

According to Peter Windsor, Verstappen had a brake-by-wire issue on Saturday that forced Red Bull to replace components after qualifying.

21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Clay the 1st one that comes to mind is the obvious multi 21 when he defied a team order from the team boss & showed no remorse, if anything was smug as he thought he was bigger than the team. We also have Baku when he lost his head & crashed into lewis on purpose then tried to make out lewis was at fault. & Using foul language aimed towards Charlie Whiting in mexico 2015 or 2016

everyone pushes the limits so tricks are nothing new on any car. I still believe the word tricks was just a slang term that cost lost in translation. as he said at the time he never meant illegal just that trick to him was something special & it was well done on finding a better way to get more ERS deployment down straights

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice