Grand Prix 2018 Mexico Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Angel, Oct 21, 2018.

1. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Did Alonso phone in his time from the hotel bar?

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    A session where Renault powered cars is dominant and who just rubbished the Renault engines a couple of weeks ago :whistle:

I don't think Red Bull care about the championship so neither will be compliant to Mercedes and Ferrari so they can win the race

The news now appears Ocon may have to sit out 2019 because Rich Energy drinks apparently were in discussing with Williams ready to sign the sponsorship deal before they jumped ship and signed with Haas which was thought to be worth $10m. Naturally Williams are angry>:(

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    It looks like the Renault engine is going to hurt Red Bull again as both drivers are reporting the charge is not working

6. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Renault works team don't seem to have the same reliablity issues with electrics like Redbull. So blaming the Renault engine for rb electric failures is rather unfair as it doesn't seem like the whole story.

7. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Bottas hydraulic failure .Lots of work to do before qually starts.

8. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    will the record finally be broken then for youngest polesitter & potentially the final attempt, as next season he becomes too old

10. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 If I am right that takes away one of Vettel's records

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    So both Haas out of Q1

12. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Well done Danny Ric, great lap. Max was not the happiest person in Mexico City when DC did the interviews LOL

Chasz likes this.
  13. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Anyone who rubbished Ricciardo's ability take note that is twice this season where Verstappen looks like he was about to deliver and fails to do it at the final hurdle when the pressure is the greatest.

Verstappen should stop blaming other things at times because he has the fastest car on that track

gethinceri, Chasz and Greenlantern101 like this.
  14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If we all stay really quiet and listen really hard I think we'll be able to hear Danny Ric still giggling to himself all the way from Mexico.

I do want to feel bad for Max but I can't say the thought of all those lazy ass journalists who'd already written their 'youngest Pole sitter ever' articles (probably years ago) having to shelve them yet again doesn't amuse me greatly.

FB, Chasz, Andyoak and 3 others like this.
  15. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Its Max's attitude saying qualifying was cr@p that still says to me he has a long way to go before he can be a serious world championship contender

16. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Just catching up. Very happy with the qualifying result.

17. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Max has all the attributes to be one of the best ever but sometimes just having those attributes isn't enough. On another thread we were talking about F1 being a results business and Danny Ric is a prime example of this. Every stat going will tell you Verstappen is out performing Ricciardo however when there is a sniff of a proper result Ricciardo seems to come through. There have been only two quali's this year where Red Bull have had real potential to get a pole position and in both of them Danny Ric has suddenly upped form and got them. Whenever there is a sniff of a Red Bull win Ricciardo pulls something out of the bag and usually lands it. It is a skill not often discussed in F1 but one most great drivers have.

Verstappen would be wise to look over at his soon to be ex teammate and take note of his racecraft rather than spit feathers. If he could add that to his other attributes he might truly be unstoppable.

Il_leone and Chasz like this.
  18. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Interesting grid. Which Red Bull is Vettel going to run into this race? Or....maybe the Mercedes, who has nothing to loose from an accident.

19. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

This I absolutely agree with. Riccardo seems to always deliver when there is a real chance (add in the race win in China to the mix).

Looking forward to the first corner though!

20. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I am guessing Red Bull weren't happy to see Ricciardo ahead of Max, I am willing to bet that if Ricciardo is leading they will find a way of meddling with the pitstops so that Max gets ahead of him. I'd be more shocked if they didn't.

So who will Hamilton tangle with into the first corner, Max or Seb? Please not Seb! :rolleyes:

21. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

If it's Seb it's all over becuase Seb has to win and a tangle will put him too far off even if he survives the tangle

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice