Grand Prix 2018 Mexico Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Angel, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

The real irony would be if the Ferrari is the class of the field for these last three races then Seb could have been in with a real shout for the championship

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Irony in the Alanis Morrisette sense of the word.

4. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Showing your age there RasputinLives

5. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Did you know she recently revealed she was transgender? She grew up as Alan Morris

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  6. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Career must be going down the tubes...
    Reeks of band wagon to me.

7. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

This one you will have to prove.....if it is not a joke. Her father's last name was Morissette.

8. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    It is of course a joke. In fact it's a very old joke.

9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    alanis morrisette wasnt the 1st song that cames to my mind when thinking of vettel

oops I think I did it again
    I made you believe that we could race clean
    Oh baby, It might seem like a crash
    But it doesn't mean that Its serious
    'Cause to lose all my title chances
    That is just so typically me

10. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    In his BBC column Jolyon Palmer thinks Vettel is crashing too much because he's trying too hard not to crash. It was quite an interesting read I thought.

Jolyon Palmer column: Why is Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel making so many mistakes?

Chasz likes this.
  11. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

I think that's a fair point. In trying to avoid contact he is over compensating and therefore spinning out. If he simply raced hard but fair it would be more down to chance.

12. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Ricardo was the Max Verstappen of the time, similar natural ability and also similar hot-headed approach to driving. Unfortunately for him racing in the 60s was unforgiving ... Pedro was better know for his ability to tame the beautiful Porsche 917, aka "the beast" (by me). It was a rival to Jo Siffert, the endurance master, and a few times gave him a run for his money (as siffert_fan can attest)

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

But he's always done the chop, ask Mark Webber. For a long time he was able to get off the line and out of the way due to a car which would give him a two second gap at the end of lap 1.

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy I agree Vettel was usually the lap 1 getaway from the rest of the field to win. His overtake on Sunday seems a bit strange seeing he was clear of Ricciardo and somehow still managed to hit him and spin himself round

Angel I think Vettel is tightening up in those moments and flooring the throttle to try and not lose time and its happening the reverse where he is overdoing and spinning himself

15. Angel

Featured Threads:
    ll_leone That is pretty much what Jolyon Palmer said. So in effect he's trying too hard not to crash and is then making himself spin instead.

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I don't think in any world you can put his starts and ability to pull that initial gap down to the car. We've seen time and time again that Vettel is exceptionally good at managing a lead and comes into his own when leading from the front. We've seen this at both Red Bull and Ferrari. I would go as far to say I've never seen a better driver at managing gaps and pace to those behind him. His issues come when in the pack as we've seen.

However good a car is it can't consistently get you a good start and a 2 second gap by the end of lap one. Ask Mark Webber.

17. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Steve Jones of Channel 4 has said that if Hamilton doesn't wrap up the title this race he's going to present the show from Brazil in a 'bra and panties'. Man I'd like to see that LOL:snigger:

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  18. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

19. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

20. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Vandoorne...
    disappointment

21. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Wow what a mixed practice session. This should be interesting.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice