Grand Prix 2018 Japanese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Anti-Vettel incendiary hysteria in full swing on the web has now reached conclusion, that what Ferrari needs is to replace Vettel back with Alonso (and all will be probably fine in Maranello). Well, who knows how that saga ends.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    The issue Vettel has is other than Mercedes there are no other suitable teams for him to go to even then its pretty clear Toto has set his sights on promoting Ocon into Mercedes for 3 years now

So Vettel is stuck with Ferrari and is under pressure to deliver from a non supporting management and got the up and coming Leclerc who could do to him what Hamilton did to Alonso at Mclaren in 2007

Eventually the politics at Ferrari will wear him down like it did with Prost and Alonso and it will end acrimoniously like they always do .

This could be the most critical 18 months of Vettel's career

4. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Well, it was sort of a damned if you do or damned if you don't situation. If Vettel had bidded his time and secured his safe 3rd place position, I am sure that some would say he needed to be more aggressive. But....in the end it is just math to me....there was a low chance of getting second (which was only 3 points) and he already had 15 points secure. There was a higher chance of having an accident and losing up to all 15 points (as it is, he only lost 7). So.....for him to risk 15 points to gain 3...this really only works out if the odds of gaining the 3 points is several times higher than the odds of losing points. With Mad Max in front of him, I don't think that was the case.

But...more to the point, he should have waited until he had a cleaner and safer pass.

Chasz likes this.
  5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well we can agree on that last bit! :)

Ruslan likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice