Grand Prix 2018 Japanese Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

But he kept his advantage on Sunday when the fans of the best driver in the wet expected their hero to come slicing through the field.

All the real drivers on the grid have had both good and bad days in the wet. Much depends on how good their downforce and setup is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Having looked at the forecast for this weekend they're saying a chance of rain during qualifying, but dry on Sunday for the race. Saying that, we all know how forecasts can change so you never know what it will be like really.

4. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

True, drivers do have good and bad wet races but some drivers have more good ones and others have more bad ones.

I do hope it rains for the race!

5. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

8. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Looks like another 1,2 for Mercedes could be on the cards. That should just about wrap things up.

Ruslan likes this.
  9. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Meanwhile in Japan the lunatics have held another meeting on how best to run the Asylum.

Two pit stops are better than one apparently.

Teams meet at Japanese GP to discuss improving state of Formula 1

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  10. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think Hamilton has mastered the mind games.

Lewis Positive Hamilton
    "This track is awesome. I'm having the best day."
    "There are two or three corners where I know that I need to kill it this year,' and I got straight up to it. I was much better than I had ever been through those particular corners"
    "I'm just loving driving more than ever; when you get in the car, it's just the best."

Sebastian Gloomy Vettel
    "We were sliding a little too much and when you slide, the temperatures go up and blistering is caused by sliding and we were probably damaging the tyres more than others.

Lewis Hamilton dominates Japanese GP practice after crash scare

Sounds like Seb has lost already.

Ruslan likes this.
  11. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Okay how is making all teams have two pitstops splitting the strategy? Surely the way it is now, some one stopping and some two stopping splits the strategy more. I'm sorry, I don't get it!!

Yes it's looking like another easy win for Mercedes, another race I probably won't enjoy much :disappointed:

rufus_mcdufus and Ruslan like this.
  12. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

I am going to watch this one on tape. Can fast forward through the dull sections (probably laps 2-52).

13. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Yay... More pit stops!!!
    I love to watch cars racing at a standstill while they have their wheels changed.

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    It looks pretty ominous right now barring mechanical failure i guess we are looking at Mexico again maybe usa but doubt it

& cider_and_toast the problem is that them meeting are useless. As proved many times the rules than can make good racing the top 3 & their b teams veto. Because they are scared of losing but individual interests above the sport

15. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    hence the saying about "lunatics running the asylum" F1Brits_90

I don't know any other sport in the world that lets the players have so much say in the rules of the game and one thing that has been proven time and time again is that it doesn't work.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  16. Angel

Featured Threads:

This is a live race for me, however it's a 6.10am start, trust me when I tell you I won't be giving up my Sunday lie in to see the start. I'll record it and watch it 'as live' when I'm ready. At least that way if I get bored I can skim through some of it I suppose. I never would have said that at one time, I'm disappointed I feel that way about F1 now.

Only two more live races this season for anyone who watches via C4, USA and Abu Dhabi.

17. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    So true & this a sport with some of smartest
    People in sport. Yet the sport is ran so poorly & they are oblivous to obvious for decades

Saying I'll be stupidly up to watch it live at 6.10am. Before i go to work

18. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

There are always seasons like this. This was a good season for 2/3rd of the season.....it is just that the situation is now becoming clear. That said, when Nigel Mansell, who was my favorite driver at the time, won the world championship in 1992, I did not watch most of those races either. It was absolutely dreadful season and the Williams were in a different universe. The same the most of the 2011-2013 seasons, where you knew about half way through the season who was going to win. I didn't watch most of those seasons either.

The bigger problem is that I think Ferrari has shot their wad. Next season is not looking promising. For the other eight teams on the grid (including the new Red Bull-Honda), it is a building season. Formula could be pretty dreadful for 2019 and 2020.

19. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for cheering me up there Ruslan ;):snigger:

20. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Monza 2008 is feeling like a distant memory for Vettel right now...

21. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    Danny Ric really is being frozen out at RBR. I bet he's properly not feeling the love.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice