Grand Prix 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by RasputinLives, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    That is sad news about Force India, so will the Stroll's family money be enough to save them? It doesn't seem like it at the moment.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Really Ruslan, I can't think who would do a thing like that.... :whistle::snigger:

4. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Thanks FB, interesting! Worth noting is the high engine part usage by Honda. RB will have a 'fun' time next year potentially!

5. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

I am probably not going to win too many accolades (if any) for this, but there are many places everywhere with price of membership most of us cannot afford, nor we would think about forcing ourselves through the door. How good we are is really secondary, if money is one of main prerequisites for getting and staying in. F1 is not a sport for weak or incompetent. Failing just in one of those marks has consequence in competitive environment. That's the world we live in, and it will stay that way for foreseeable future.

Perhaps FI will be at the end just as lucky as Sauber is today (at least on the surface).

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Galahad and gethinceri like this.
  6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I see your point Izumi but if a nightclub is so expensive to get in that there are only 3 people on the dance floor then no one cares how good the DJ is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  7. in think that in the race it might be Red Bull, Mercedes, Ferrari, the Ferraris suffered badly last Sunday with their rear tyres, I guess that tomorrow it might be more of the same

Regarding Force India everyone was openly talking about it since the beginning of the week, we also discussed the subject on another thread, no big suprise. Now the next big question is whether Williams will surive in today's shape until the end of the season

8. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

In different perspective, two or three teams requesting from CVC or now Liberty repeatedly more money has fallen on deaf ears, whereas if those three teams were giving a notice they are leaving because they cannot afford to stay, that might got attention and produce countermeasures. Commercial owners got very rich in this business, whereas tracks and some teams lost consequently money. Today, insisting on Ferrari and Mercedes paying for collateral damages is I think misguided notion where the problem is.

Maybe this topic is in wrong column and should be moved elsewhere, but permit me to still add before we leave it, budgeting is just a bandage on large problem, and it would not save FI, as long as incompatibility exists between various membership objectives and why they entered this sport. Differing interests are just irreconcilable IMO. This is not a football or hockey league, but a sport/technology union, and needs to be treated as such.

gethinceri likes this.
  9. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Back to racing, I do agree that RBR is a player this weekend. Bottas complained that his MB was slow.
    Interesting comments from Ferrari drivers.
    Vettel - we have speed for one lap. Very contrasting to usual - we do better in race. Not sure how to read it.
    Kimi - I hope we find more speed for the race. Is this thinly veiled hint for Ferrari aero/setup guys?

10. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Angellica LOL I agree. Flav in his thong is forever there.

Angel and gethinceri like this.
  11. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

12. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Why Bottas lost all traction on dry surface?

13. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Well, free practice 3 does make it seem that Mercedes might hold the advantage over Ferrari and they both have the edge over Red Bull. I guess we will have to see what qualifying shows us in a hour.

Now granted, part of my calculation is that Bottas is almost as fast as Vettel, therefore Hamilton will be faster....but....

14. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Yea, I was listening to a couple of other songs on youtube. He is definitely struggling vocally with one of them.

15. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Both MB cars seems unstable, having both drivers dance on dry surface in similar fashion Vettel did in Germany on wet surface.

16. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    That has to be the best qualifying for years. Chaos. Loved it.

Galahad, Chasz and rufus_mcdufus like this.
  17. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Yea, I think it is going to be an interesting race. Wondering if Ferrari will be doing "bump-and-pass" maneuvers.

18. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    It rained, properly, and they let them carry on. Was Charlie asleep? :o

19. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Haha, if so, please can whoever gave him those sleeping pills for rainy days continue to do so!

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Brill qualy. caught up on C4 (due to holiday). Great lap from lewis. credit where its due F1 letting them race 1st competitive wet session of season & since monza?? As think only practises only been wet. But as i said praise for not whimping out as irritatingly full wets usually mean red flag. & wait til inter conditions again. Which ive never understood these are supposedly 20 "best" drivers in the world but how many of 20 is a matter of opinion. Why can't they cope with bad conditions they never had this problem with less downforce in 80s & 90s

Q1 surprise took teams 10 mins. I was watching & id have 2 inter laps. See its just 1 corner was bad & would gamble for ultrasofts. I thought Verstappen was very disappointing in 7th. Because i expect more he was fantastic in brazil was 1 of f1 greatest drives. 1 of few to cope at austin in abandoned qualy & before pens on front row in monza last season. Sainz great 5th just what he needed, 3rd outqualifying vettel on merit at 1 point gasly fantastic & bottas deserves praise so nearly on pole with a great lap

21. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    There were a lot of people quick to hand Lewis's crown as rain master to Verstappen but I think he well and truly showed it belongs on his head today.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice