Grand Prix 2018 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by cider_and_toast, Nov 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    What a very bizarre race. Opening laps gave some excitement, then we moved into the Kwik Fit phase followed by Estaban Ocon trying to delete the race leader as he attempted to un-lap himself gifting the race to Lewis. Something new to add to the list of things I've not seen before in F1.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    How do you know?

4. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

There is only one DR in the paddock as an active driver, namely, D. Ricciardo.

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Thanks, didn't realise you were referring to a driver, current or otherwise.

6. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Based on his declaration (will raise the issue with FiA during driver's meeting) It has to be current active driver.

7. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    One might suggest that the Ocon/Verstappen incident was the result of the fact the Force India has a Merc in the back, and Ocon wants to impress his employers (Mercedes).... I would never be so cynical though!

8. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

You’re always cynical when it comes to a Hamilton win.

The Artist..... likes this.
  9. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Let just say that Lewis finished first. There is a difference between winning a sporting event and finishing first and this is one of those situations. That said, I don't agree with the Ocon conspiracy theorists.

10. The Artist.....

Featured Threads:
    Hamberg. Put it this way- I could not have imagined Ocon doing the same thing to Hamilton- but that’s more that he would have been more circumspect with a Mercedes (as evidenced in Monaco) than he would have done with Verstappen.

11. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

Totally agree with that. Much like I’d expect a STR to give an easier time to a Red Bull.

Hamilton saying what he did afterwards was pretty fair but Max did not like it one bit!

Anyway the kids (Max and Esteban) have been called to the stewards following some shoving near the scales!

The Artist..... likes this.
  12. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

Despite the rights and wrongs of the incident Ocon was clearly 2/3rds alongside Vestappen and it would have been more circumspect to give Ocon a touch more room, especially as he wanted to win the race, cars just don't vanish because Max is in a hurry, race craft says to win you do need to finish and collisions have a habit of helping failing to finish

Fenderman, Ruslan and Titch like this.
  13. The Artist.....

Featured Threads:
    Following the fisticuffs, i’d give Ocon a one race ban, and Verstappen a three race ban... (Ocon for the incident)

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    well maybe Ocon was preparing himself for future battles with Verstappen given Max hates the fact he lost the F3 championship to Ocon. Watch this rivalry develop in the future once Ocon gets into a Merc

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Everyone knows support anyone British. So Lewis included. He got lucky today because red bull were fastest today shouldve won by 10secs. But hey Lewis did a great job as he has done in parts of season outperforming the car. But strange race was both Mercedes & Ferrari were off colour. Vettel worse race for a while

But i was furious at ocon incident as im a fan of fair play, Absolute moron. Ocon got off lightly because I wouldn't have blamed him if max knocked his block off would've been fully deserved. As max says that was :censored: move cost him victory & 4th place in the championship. Ok max could been more patient, but ocon was 16th & lap down he had no right to be 1st messing with the lead of the race its the same in any race series. 2nd to stick his nose in gap that didn't exist.

RasputinLives Would it be harsh of me to say bottas was anonymous again & in the 1st stint was losing a second a lap to his team mate & verstappen

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  16. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    This is what happens when you let young men just past puberty drive fast cars.

Dartman and Hamberg like this.
  17. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Oh, and Max has got 2 days community service.

Hamberg likes this.
  18. The Artist.....

Featured Threads:
    I’ll just leave this here:

Ruslan likes this.
  19. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    As it looked to me from my settee we were robbed of a new race winner by good old testosterone. Both drivers in my view were equally wrong, and stupid.

20. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Not harsh F1Brits_90 as long as you mention that Kimi couldn't overtake a car 1 second off the pace that Red Bull had flown by in one lap.

As for Ocon/Verstappen - this has been brewing since Max took Ocon out off the start back in F3. The two hate each other and Esteban is not too chuffed with the direction his career is going in when he feels he is clearly the better driver. Today was completely idiotic of him though.

What did Max do later?

Edit - don't worry just seen it. Silly boy. But then when your daddy is Jos Verstappen you probably think that's the right way to do things.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  21. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

I have an idea for these dumb grid penalties: If a part fails and puts a car out of a race, that part can be replaced for the next race without penalty. Yes, I realize that teams may claim that more than the actual part failed but I would rather have to police that problem than drivers having to drop grid spots because some corner worker jammed a fire extinguisher up a tail pipe.

It was an exciting race and I couldn't believe the speed of the Red Bulls or how Ocon took out Max. I suspect that if it was Lewis instead of Max, he would have left more room and wouldn't have been spun out. If, by some miracle, the Red Bulls are as fast as the Mercedes next year, I think Lewis will still get more points than Max because Lewis has more wisdom.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice