Grand Prix 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    :shocked:

Vettel winning the race can't hide the fact that Ferrari managed to shot themselves in the foot. I hope The mechanic has a speedy recovery.

"Apparently a shinbone and fibula fracture, our thoughts are with Francesco, stay strong #BahrainGP"

Galahad likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Hamilton behaved as team player

4. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Today was better 1st 20 laps & final 7 were entertaining in between was back to normal but thats a good average i hope we get more Bahrain in Shanghai than melbourne. Overtaking was still hard, but at least possible albeit under DRS & Drivers could go through field unlike Australia where Bottas could do nothing. Strategy was intriguing between ferrari aborted 2 stopper on softs & mercs 1 stopping on mediums For me i was saying i wouldve brought vettel in on lap 46/47 for set of supersofts. So he would be the hunter not hunted

Bottas drove very well hopefully back on form as he really did tail off in back end of 2017 but Driver of the day is Pierre Gasly, according to the you bet odds he was 3000/1 pre race. Unbelievable job to finish 4th in toro rosso & honda. Which i believe is toro rosso best result since hungary 2014 with verstappens 4th & best result for honda powered car for nearly a decade

For me i think we should ban electronic pit systems & bring back lollipop man. 2 in Haas in Austraila & now kimi in bahrain. Too many errors need the human factor back at least hr can put lollipop back down As that looked painful a he dragged him down pit lane momentarily

Olivier likes this.
  5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Can Honda and Toro Rosso maintain that performance for China where long straights will test its straightline speed? We shall see

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I was very surprised to hear whatshisface and Herbert on Sky heaping praise for his move on Lewis that ended in a puncture. As much as I love some feisty moves i saw it and thought Max had gone too hard too early and needed to calm down slightly.

Unless they were suggesting it was Hamilton's fault somehow? Max did but that was a bit silly.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  7. Rutherford

Rutherford Podium Finisher

Bottas made a critical error on the last lap, when entering the final DRS zone, by locking up, this giving Vettel the advantage and quite simply that’s what sets drivers like Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso apart from the Bottas’ and Räikkönens’ of this world. They have a killer instinct in those situations.

Bottas drove a solid race, but nothing outstanding.

Olivier, gethinceri and F1Brits_90 like this.
  8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Yes next 2 circuits will show what is real 2018 honda as they big power circuits with longest straights in f1. I cant see how theyve made that big a jump in 3 months but we will see

9. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

10. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Well said, both in content and delivery.

Hamberg likes this.
  11. dinsdale

dinsdale Spectator

Honda for Red Bull next year then.

12. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Mark Webber is a complete plonker

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Was it good? Haven't seen it yet.

14. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, it was ok actually.

15. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

I haven't read through all the comments yet but how do you think the McLaren people feel about a Toro Rosso getting 4th with Honda power? It's got to be a punch to the gut, right?

16. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I really hope it is; and to Alonso...
    I know the Honda isn't up to scratch but I really didn't see any evidence over the last 3 years that either McLaren or Alonso were as good as they (and others) were making out.

17. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    marksawatsky at their home grand prix too! I mention over in the China op that I believe Mclaren pitted Alonso in order to avoid the embarrassment of being passed by Gasly as well. He was on a two stop and had just got into the DRS zone when Fernando jumped in the pit surprisingly changing his one stop strategy to a two stop. He also pitted at the same time as Hulkenberg just in front of him which makes no sense as he was trying to pass him. At the time if they'd risked the one stop they could have been on for a 5th place. It all seems a bit suspicious to me. Maybe I have my tin foil hat on.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice