Grand Prix 2018 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by cider_and_toast, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Well, Mercedes has some new parts and Renault now has party mode. So far, in the first two practices, we are seeing Mercedes on top and Haas making up the best of the rest. Maybe Romaine will finally get some points this weekend.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Hope so. It took me by surprise that he hadnt scored a point because with haas always being around the top 10. I assumed he had

4. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    cider_and_toast - Where did I say I was angry?

5. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Yea, he is one of only two drivers in F1 this season who has not scored (the other is Sitrotkin). He has been cursed, but he does have a decent car, so maybe he can turn around the second half of the season.

6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Well he has to because after the fuss from the move to Haas was To get the ferrari drive. That is long gone as he quite far down the pecking order if even still on it. leclerc Hamilton Riccardio verstappen Maybe perez all above him

This is this best iys going to get for him

7. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story :whistle:

teabagyokel, Titch and RasputinLives like this.
  8. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Well, I like Grosjean. I think he is a very good driver, although he has periods of difficulty. That said, if I was Ferrari I would certainly consider Hamilton, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Perez and maybe Leclerc ahead of him.

9. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Gearbox penalty for Leclerc and a 40% chance of rain during quali with Vettel a smidge faster than Hamilton in FP3, should be interesting!

10. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I wonder if thestrapon's refusal to obey team orders during qualifying, and the subsequent hard feelings on the part of Dan R will have any effect on the latter's decision for next year.

Personally, I still think that RB are backing the wrong horse. IMO, Max is too immature, both emotionally and intellectually to be a team leader, at least for now.

gethinceri likes this.
  11. Wombcat

Wombcat Podium Finisher

And calling Verstappen thestrapon is mature and intellectual?

12. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

But it's funny! :snigger:

13. Clay

Clay Test Driver

The faces of Wolff and Lauda, when they saw that Bottas got the pole were absolutely priceless. Without context you'd think their mother had died.

teabagyokel and gethinceri like this.
  14. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Vettel given a 3 place grid penalty for blocking Sainz.

Lewis Hamilton loses out to Valtteri Bottas in Austria & Sebastian Vettel is penalised

It's a conspiracy to make sure Hamilton wins the title I tells ya!

Angel likes this.
  15. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

As if he needs it lol

FB likes this.
  16. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

17. olegg

olegg Race Winner

upload_2018-6-30_22-24-30.png

18. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

19. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Oh goody, we get to continue the debate over whether Vettel is just being unfairly penalized by Charlie Whiting.

Even more exciting...he has to pass Grosjean and Verstappen. This could get entertaining.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  20. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Anyhow, this could be an interesting race....but probably for the wrong reasons.

1. Will Bottas and Hamilton be allowed to race?
    2. How much of challenge will it be for Vettel to pass Grosjean and Verstappen?
    3. Will Raikkonnen dutifully pull over for Vettel?
    4. Will Grosjean finally score a point?
    5. Has Leclerec signed a contract for Ferrari?
    6. I really can't think of anything else particularly exciting, can you?

21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    A Mercedes pole is not a surprise bottas goes well here. It was his last great performance in 2017 as it was downhill from there. this is a track made for mercedes along with monza. So with a new engine fresher than ferrari it was likely going to happen. As a mercedes engine has got pole & win in every race of the return. Look at the domination of the 1st 3 races
    2014 - 4 of top 6
    2015 - 5 of top 6
    2016 - top 3

Riccardio i can see why he complaining as he wants any advantage he can get. But trying to manufacture toes dont give advantange because it usually compromises the 1st or last sector. It why people stopped it at Baku. As much as critized grosjean & haas that was a brilliant performance joint 3rd best team this weekend. Finally force india big shock as engine track going out in Q1. I wonder if this ownership issues been going 7 or 8 months are costing them on track

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice