Pre-Season 2018-2019 Winter testing and car launches

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Nov 26, 2018.

1. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I like it

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Another pic of the HAAS

4. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Let's try again

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BradMan and F1Brits_90 like this.
  5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives CTA Best Avatar Award Winner Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Why have they parked it in some posh blokes front room?

vintly likes this.
  6. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    I hope they don't drip oil on that carpet!! Saying that, I don't think I'd get on with that carpet myself, too swirly for me.

7. Titch

Titch Things can only get better ..It's a lie. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I bet the cleaning lady got a bit cross when she turned up for work and found some plonker had parked a car in the house.

RasputinLives likes this.
  8. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    For those of you who are in England, you can drop by the Royal Automobile Club on Pall Mall in London, Show your membership and take a look at the car (and carpet) in person (only until Sunday)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Angel, RasputinLives and gethinceri like this.
  9. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Like the look of the car. It kind of inspires me. Almost tempted to drive up to Montreal and see a race live.

10. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Regarding HAAS, my eyesight is not anymore what it used to be, but shouldn't be there Ferrari label somewhere?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  11. Angel

Featured Threads:
    Apparently Williams are going to show their livery but not their car soon. Seems a bit odd to me, but whatever. I do enjoy seeing the new cars come out each year, sometimes that is more exciting than the racing sadly.

12. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Not a fan of the bold white Haas down the side.
    And if that's a simplified front wing then I doubt the racing will improve this year.

Oh, and a large discharge of oil on that carpet will improve things imho.

13. Angel

Featured Threads:
    I agree about the white Haas Andyoak If they'd done it gold it would have blended in better. I am guessing they wanted it to be more visible though, even if it ruined the overall look of the car.

Also I like how they went with the soft (yellow) tyres to try and make it blend in.

14. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I like it. The new flat ends on the front wing look good. Total Lotus rip off but it does look good.

15. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

As for Alonso... Too much politicking... Getting his side of the garage to get all the benefits and the car tuned to his liking... A one man/team kinda guy....Always detrimental to a team going forward

16. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

Can't wait to see if the bigger front wings actually allow cars to follow more closely and assist with overtaking.

17. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

I really have my doubts about Kubica, and why Williams is actually taking this risk.

Was quite fast in a f1 car awhile ago. Long time ago... before he decided to go rallying b4 start of f1 season

18. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    It’s low risk really. Kubika brings a lot of dough and cachet and as long as he’s reasonably close to Russell, Williams will be fine with him. It’s actually risky for Kubika, if he can’t perform at a decent level not only he risks losing his seat and potentially sponsorship but also the prestige he’s built over the years. It’s a win-win and he should be able to help with the car set-up. Something Williams struggle with last year.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Angel and BradMan like this.
  19. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

+1

20. BradMan

BradMan Test Driver

It did'nt help that they had "relatively" new drivers, I guessed they paid for that route they took. Experience always help. You can bet Alfa is the team that will move forward quite a lot now they have Kimi onboard

gethinceri likes this.
  21. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Alfa Romeo Racing will have large internal budget (which might help), they are hiring a lot of new technical staff, expanding facilities, and they also have Frédéric Vasseur, one of the best, if not the very best-one TP currently on the grid IMHO. Kimi was the one who approached (then) Sauber, and I think he will be happy there. The plant is also close to his home in Switzerland. Plenty positives for him in that deal.

BradMan likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice