Pre-Season 2018-2019 Winter testing and car launches

no doubt your right Greenlantern101 because looking at that Williams looks postive on the softs less than tenth behind despite 4 step harder tyre compound. but now we know it obvious Williams were light on fuel & sauber heavy. but you can get a sort of an idea on tyres

First session results

Attachments

• Dzr_AxyX0AEkgJK.jpg
    Dzr_AxyX0AEkgJK.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 74
this might be me being weird & id prefer a few breakdowns in testing rather than a clean bill of health. providing its not on the mclaren honda scale. because its unnerving waiting for the problem & who was it was that went through 8 days without a hitch but got to the 1st race weekend & had technical or engine problems

This is becoming a habit with McLaren, if the car isn't up on blocks it's not testing for them is it?

It's good that Ferrari have managed to do so many laps, that's an encouraging start for them. They did way more than anyone else it seems and were fastest. I know, it's testing, it means nothing but it makes me feel better to see it, so there. :p

I think McLaren will be happy with just one day of reliable running. Even that would be progress on previous years.
You can breath a sigh of relief. Mclaren has eventually done over 100 laps, and still counting after that earlier setback. Scary thing, Sainz done the 2nd fastest lap on a C4 set, two steps softer than Vettel and still over a second behind
Ominous from Ferrari in the early stages

Last edited:
This is becoming a habit with McLaren, if the car isn't up on blocks it's not testing for them is it?

It's good that Ferrari have managed to do so many laps, that's an encouraging start for them. They did way more than anyone else it seems and were fastest. I know, it's testing, it means nothing but it makes me feel better to see it, so there. :p
Funny enough, some papers said very little about reliability, laps and speed, however printed and reprinted several times Seb had half-spin in the morning. That seems to be important to them. Fact is, I am happy with the way first day outing. Regarding top speed measured in the morning, Sebastian was I think on 6th place. I do not make much of it. Data of that kind today do not mean much to me.

Last edited:
Ahh yes but now we have to wait and see what happens tomorrow with young Charles in the car. Will he be as fast or faster than Seb? Will he do as many laps as Seb? Will any of the other cars be faster? Will McLaren manage a day without breaking down? ;)

All things we will have to wait and see I guess.

Ahh yes but now we have to wait and see what happens tomorrow with young Charles in the car. Will he be as fast or faster than Seb? Will he do as many laps as Seb? Will any of the other cars be faster? Will McLaren manage a day without breaking down? ;)

All things we will have to wait and see I guess.
I do not disagree with your sentiment, Angel, however junior is being favored in some circles over Vettel. One of his former buddies from lower series predicted that Leclerc will make Vettel quit F1. What a difference today vs. testing new RBR in 2014, when Seb was sitting in the garage, with his car being taken into pieces for repairs.

Sainz is pretty good. I wonder what Alonso must be now thinking.

So, are we going to have Ferrari, Renault, Mercedes, RBR and McLaren fighting for the podium?

Last edited:
I do not disagree with your sentiment, Angel, however junior is being favored in some circles over Vettel. One of his former buddies from lower series predicted that Leclerc will make Vettel quit F1. What a difference today vs. testing new RBR in 2014, when Seb was sitting in the garage, with his car being taken into pieces for repairs.

We shall see Izumi. I'm not worried at the moment that it will be a repeat of 2014.

Izumi I remain very cynical about Mclaren suddenly being at the front again. They promises big last year and never got anywhere near it.

I would have loved Renault to have jumped up to fight with the big 6 but i'm cynical of that too. Maybe on a really good day.

Back
Top Bottom