1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 United States Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by cider_and_toast, Oct 9, 2017.

1. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    How would you define a lap on an airfield?

At COTA if you allow them to use all the tarmac, there is still a "lap". It is a loop, just one with wider surfaces than the painted track area. An airfield would not be a loop. It's pretty obvious. Your assertion makes no sense whatsoever.

Basically I am saying legalize the track limit cheating that everyone is doing, so everyone can continue to do it and we don't have to bicker about it or deal with inconsistent decisions.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    i'd just do doughnuts on the start finish line and I'd win.
    It's a brilliant suggestion.

Chasz likes this.
  4. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    Not safe unfortunately. And I speak from experience having crashed a car after getting 2 wheels on the grass. It can be too slippery and make correction impossible. Its a fast track to the wall. That's fine for F1, but remember the economics of only having F1 races would not support this circuit.

5. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    So then whoever is on pole would always win. So much for ending Mercedes domination!

6. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    It's very simple; design a track with clearly defined edges, perhaps some kind of substance could be designed so it could be used to apply markings indicating these edges, penalise drivers for moving outside of these limits - no ifs or buts, penalise every transgression.

7. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    Or doughnuts on the start line.

8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Two birds with one stone. No more corning cutting and a small contribution to solve the issue of overpopulation.

Stop cutting corners and save lives.

Chasz and gethinceri like this.
  9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    we need to keep track limits because as few have said what the point of a layout if they are going to make there own track. for me this is very easy. I'm sure that drivers are in competitive situation (don't mean this in a bad way) but similar to kids where if you give an inch they will take a mile. if you dont establish boundaries. they will keep pushing to see what they can get away with.

take either Austria 2016 or 2017. at penultimate corner mightve been both years as i remember kyvat suspension fails. all throughout friday they were constantly overrunning T8 (picture) all 4 wheels over the kerbs so far over they were nearly in the neighbouring city. then stewards came down firm said if you put more than 2 wheels on that kerb your time will be deleted without question. amazingly not 1 driver exceeded track limits in qualifying. which proves they can do it they choose not too

www.f1fanatic.co_.ukmoto-gp-red-bull-ring-201-b865daa7bc419c7f9836bcb31c7137500b3b7156.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Tacitus, Chasz, teabagyokel and 3 others like this.
  10. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    This whole penalize philosophy is shit. That's what leads to situations where the podium is not the order people finished on the track. Fans hate that. I hate that.

Whoever wins on the track wins. Allow them to use all the tarmac, and even the grass or gravel. I don't care.

11. P1

P1 Points Scorer

Featured Threads:
    Agree its easy to be that clear in qualifying. But in the Race it's harder. Should you get penalized if someone else pushed you wide?

12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Did anyone else notice the huge eagle shadow cross the track? Turns out it was CGI and not real. Which makes me wonder what else might not be real right now and in the future. Bizarre. Or should that be buzzard.

Hamberg likes this.
  13. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    vintly likes this.
  14. rufus_mcdufus

rufus_mcdufus Race Winner

I wondered what that was. What was the point? Maybe the production crew were just bored. I get that impression quite frequently.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Greenlantern101 likes this.
  15. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    You are quite the antagonist.

16. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If your parents had been murdered by the Joker so would you be.

siffert_fan likes this.
  17. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

ENTERTAINMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

18. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Strange, but when I was younger and used to go to various events the entertainment was provided by the racing. How simple we were in not recognising what we were missing.

Andyoak likes this.
  19. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Not really, we had racing in those days :)

20. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Batman

If you think that the drivers should be able to use "the gravel, the grass, the tarmac" etc, you should be watching the WRC races rather than F1. If the self-proclaimed "best drivers on earth" can't stay within the confines of the racing surface, they are in over their heads and shouldn't be in F1, IMO.

21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I haven't used this expression on here in a long time but "Please, don't feed the troll".

Share This