Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

FB

Ferrari remember did not realise how outdated their windtunnel was due to the Schumacher years of relentless track testing

----------------------------------------

And how much exactly do you know about the technical details of Ferrari's windtunnel, then or now?

And isn't it a tad nonsnsical to suggest Ferrari "didn't know how outdated their windtunnel was during the days of unlimited testing"? (at a time where they could instantly verify whether the data correlated or not)

Last edited:
I remember that. Maybe they've been using inches instead of centimetres again this year ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if certain people who have the ear of other certain people sort of get wind (pardon the pun) of certain details from testing and sort of accidentally on purpose over a few Cinzanos pass information on to others. How it happens, if it happens, is irrelevant coz we'll never really know.

If it is true that Ferrari are once again lacking pace, then I'm interested to hear what they have to say pre-season. Given that in recent years they've looked foolish by saying that anything other than wins would be a failure, or words to that effect, then I don't expect them to say very much at all. Which would be prudent, regardless of testing performance. I hope though, that they come out all guns blazing predicting instant success, and fail. HAHAHAHA I'm very eeeevil.

FB
Which was what I was gonna say - only 50% of the windtunnel data was correlating with the track performance.. they suddenly realise how out of date their windtunnel was

Years of relying unlimited testing on track with 2 test drivers masked these problems

Maybe we will see the impact of firing James Allinson now

Incubus

Its not that Ferrari don;t know but they are directionless - spaghetti culture answering to various chiefs is potentially confusing the issue or the rate of development

The last thing Arrivabene needs to hear or publish is the team will not be on the pace after last season's disappointment

Last edited:
FW40 breaks cover - Williams shows first 2017 F1 car

16819273_1771821599548486_6978815407269683162_o.jpg

I like that. I certainly wouldn't mind parking it on my drive.

On closer inspection, where does the driver sit.?

Last edited:
The real car launch is the 25th.

Looks good though. The low rear wing and the delta front wing look much nicer. And no phallic noses either.

So that's just haas keeping quiet.

Last edited:
To go or not to go, that is the question.

I had decided to go, then I looked up the method of getting a ticket; it seems that they are 18 Euros per day plus another 2 Euros per day for using the facilities to buy a ticket. Is it really worth going?

I think it's just a 3D rendering rather than the actual car. Quite difficult to tell these days.

Back
Top Bottom