Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

Off the top of my nead, 'Fisico' won in a Jordan that was far from the best in 2003. Peréz dragged his Sauber to 2 place in 2012. The problem these days (for smaller teams anyway) is that reliability is at its all time high so you cannot count on a Mercedes to drop off the race every now one then to "inherit" a win.

I seem to recall Ricciardo won in what certainly wasn't the best car on the grid in 2016 and not in a race where the two Mercs nurfed one another off.

And from that link:

"Discussions with Williams over a deal for Valtteri Bottas to move across and replace Nico Rosberg alongside Lewis Hamilton are continuing."

I've created a seperate closed thread to track launch dates.

If any of you find any info, post it here and I will update the thread.

Formula 1's new generation of grand prix cars will look meaner, according to McLaren executive director Zak Brown.

Probably would except for the prescribed swept back rear wing end plates, that'll make them look generic and fart-arsed. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Lowering the rear wing will significantly improve the look of the cars. When the new rear wing regs came in in 2009 it was the bit which stood out most dramatically for me, it was even more unpleasant to look at that the ant-eater noses.

Back
Top Bottom