1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Season 2017 Testing, Car Launches & Chat

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Nov 28, 2016.

1. olegg

olegg Podium Finisher

[​IMG]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Alonso finally puts a lap on and goes third.

Hamilton commented that the new cars may be so hard on drivers that they may get overtired. Massa has not commented so far as he is too busy putting laps in.

4. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

If he's getting too tired he should stop and take more Pro-Plus.
    Do they have those massage chairs in the pits?

5. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Were there only three cars on track at the time? Because he certainly wasn't third at the end of the morning, his position by then was last !

6. olegg

olegg Podium Finisher

[​IMG]

7. olegg

olegg Podium Finisher

Hamilton UltraSoft stint was equal 20 laps

8. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Formula 1 can't return to V10/V12 - Todt

This sounds like complete nonsense to me.

If he thinks the current rules foster competition, you have to wonder what series he has been watching the last three years. I also think such a switch would have cost savings benefits, as the power train would,IMO, be MUCH less expensive. As for "society not accepting such a change": how many of you would rebel if that change came about?

9. teabagyokel

teabagyokel Part of the furniture Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Society would accept such a change. Which is why the whole planet has done **** all about climate change.

Road of Bones, Bill Boddy and FB like this.
  10. olegg

olegg Podium Finisher

[​IMG]

11. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    teabagyokel

The public don't care about CO2 when it comes to a racing series- not least as it has been carbon neutral since the early 2000s...but they do want to see cars that can race, teams to survive the season, and lots of competition.

What works on the road is not the same as what works on the track!

12. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If McLaren aren't careful they are going to be relegated to GP2 next year.

13. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I feel the need to revive the "The Mclaren is so slow....." thread only I can't find it.

14. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Fernando not happy - Alonso: 'Team all ready to win... except Honda' - FOX SPORTS

15. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I Don't understand after the two previous years what he expected. It's been quite clear it's going to take years for Mclaren to get back to competitive again (like it did Williams) so there was never going to be a magic jump to the front.

The whole Alonso situation is an odd one. It's clear Mclaren are not going to be able to give him a car for a title challenge before he retires. Which means his only chance at a title challenge is being good enough in a crappy Mclaren to tempt a front team to sign him up (which by the way he's doing). However he ruins all that by consistently slagging the team off in the media and making him the most unattractive driver to sponsors and teams.

Please go and drive WEC Fernando. Would love to see you do something fresh.

Andyoak likes this.
  16. olegg

olegg Podium Finisher

Insight: Alonso loses patience with Honda

17. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Given Todt has seemingly spent the bulk of his tenure to date ignoring F1 I think its safe to assume he's not been watching.

Andyoak likes this.
  18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    You say that but i joked on Mclaren thread. Looking forward to the Australian GP weekend when alonso shouts
    "GP3 ENGINE" >:(:bawl:

But i got to admit honda have no sympathy from me because think about it, honda have now had 3 years to sort out this engine & it apparently only just better than 2015. mercedes had the same time create 1 of the most dominant engines that F1 has seen as apparently as soon as it was announced in mid 2011 V6 engines would be taking place in 2014 mercedes move alot of resources straight away, to be honest i think Mclaren would probably be better off with 2014 mercedes engine right now, as at least they make a be able to do a full stint on the tyres

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  19. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90

Honda have taken a massive step backwards this season, as they have basically tried to copy the Mercedes architecture, but have not had 6 years on the dyno to get there (it's probably more like 4 months with different specifications).

The 2017 Honda Engine is in a similar position to the 2015 Honda engine, but, the advantage that they now have is that the engine does not have completely flawed architecture, so may be in a position to catch up a little.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  20. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Vandoorne is faster than Alonso.

21. Incubus

Incubus Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Not now he ain't... What's gone wrong this time?

Share This