1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Correction Vettel seemingly lost it in Singapore

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

I noticed during this weekend that nearly all the drivers have a press agent following them around with a microphone in their face while being interviewed by the media, and the cameramen are usually getting them in the shot. Seems like there could be a better way of doing this

4. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I wouldn't be surprised to see an attempt to amend the rules regarding weaving off the start, especially or only at street races where there is no run-off into turn 1. It would be wrong and futile, but wouldn't be surprised.

5. TR

TR Rookie

[QUOTE="F1Brits_90, post: 328045, member: 4479]... but where did red bull pace go every time pack was closed up Lewis pulled away. which is strange as red bull were thrashing mercedes all weekend by constant 6/7tenths.[/QUOTE]

I think that in part this was a consequence of the engine power deficit. Red Bull's pace advantage was set in mostly free air, allowing them to maximize their aero advantage. At the restarts, RIC was obviously in Hamilton's dirty air. At same time, HAM probably had his engine turned up to 11 at the restarts to pull out a lead.

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Didn't Ricciardo have a gearbox issue most of the race?

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ricciardo almost retired with gearbox issue | PlanetF1

rufus_mcdufus and F1Brits_90 like this.
  8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i am fan of Lewis. but im gutted about vettels idiocy squeezing max. has ruined the championship & has robbed the fans of what was looking a fantastic title showdown in abu dhabi. like 2010 or 2014. instead barring mechicical issues will be realistically over by mexico & offically interlagos where a 6th place will be good enough

9. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

He did well to hang onto P2 then.

10. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    vintly - Such an amendment would be ultra stupid considering the huge run off at turn one in Singapore.

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

12. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Interesting comments from Lewis about the start line crash. He was saying that when you go off the grid from pole that you can't initially see the guy in 2ND place. He says your natural instinct is to come across and cover your ground and it's only then you can see them. He suggests that's what Vettel did and by the time he could see where everyone was it was too late.

It's an interesting view and if you do look at Hamilton's starts he does move across as well (maybe not as much as Vettel) so makes sense.

In all the big start line crashes I can remember there has always been a fast starting car coming down the far side of the track to where the pole man sits (perfectly fairly) that has caught people out.

As much as people like to have a bad guy for every incident I think this one sits squarely in the racing incident section.

I guess that doesn't make as good headlines as 'Vettel fears Verstappen' though.

gethinceri likes this.
  13. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I recall one of the drivers started to use Indy car style spotters at one point. Maybe worth a go, one for the teams to look at?

14. cousinDave

cousinDave Rookie

Yeah, I remember that, though I can't recall the driver. I think it was Grosjean or Sato.

15. Mezzer

Mezzer A fine chap if ever there was one. Contributor

Came across this totally by accident but entertained me based on what happened last weekend ...

Share This