1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I still think Ricciardo over race pace is the favourite. The last person Vettel wants lunging inside of him is Verstappen which I can see happening

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    :o:embarrassed:

RasputinLives likes this.
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    a double entendre apparently

5. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Vettel is clear favourite. With a decent start and then staying out of trouble he wins the race. No small task but less to do than either Red Bull, who may even hold each other up.

Unless of course turn one becomes 'interesting' in which case it's a lottery.

I've just agreed to take my daughter go-karting so I'll miss the race live, but I'll be channeling Max so he better finish this time.

6. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

Vettel's chopping people off the start finally came around to bite him.

Lewywo4, Chasz and Mezzer like this.
  7. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

Verstappen' fault
    Twitter

Lewywo4 likes this.
  8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Before the start I did say, if I were Vettel I'd let Verstappen pass, as it would be too risky. Funnily enough, Vettel did the complete opposite and he may have thrashed his title chances. It was a school boy error.
    #WellDoneSingapore

F1Brits_90 and Chasz like this.
  9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Best qualifying, worst race thanks to Vettel doing what he has done before but not got away with it. The fight for the title is over barring Hamilton have an engine or two blow.

Ah well, maybe a decent season next year.

PS This is not decrying what Hamilton did, he took his chance brilliantly.

teabagyokel likes this.
  10. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Looks like I was right about Vettel not wanting Verstappen down the inside into turn 1 :whistle: and deciding it was better to do his customary wall squeeze when he should be thinking about trying to race himself against Hamilton

Vettel, Verstappen and Raikkonen have been all called to the stewards so Ferrari's tweet was ill advised blaming Verstappen who got squeezed between the two Ferrari's

So will someone now point the finger at Raikkonen for wrecking Vettel's chances within Maranello then?

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Hulkenberg now becomes the man who has drove more races and still no podium:teary:

Jolyon Palmer might have just earned some breathing space with his drive today and a fantastic pass on Bottas earlier

Sainz outstanding and shows he is ready to move up

Perez - typical drive keeping out of trouble with solid points

Bottas - where was he during the race ?

12. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

He fell asleep again, 3rd race in a row. It seems like it's hibernating time for the Finns.

13. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Today the momentum has swung towards Hamilton and looking at the tracks, they all seem to favour Mercedes with the exception of Brazil because its short and not many long straights plus the rain

This is going to be tough for Ferrari to come back from

14. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

I thought what Kimi didn't say in his interview spoke volumes.

Chasz likes this.
  15. Dario Resta

Dario Resta Podium Finisher

I see the stewards haven't pinned the blame on one driver for the start line fracas. To me, it was a good 80% Seb's fault. No need to move over as far as he did and he left Verstappen nowhere to go. Season over I'm afraid. Well done to Lewis - got his miracle and ran off with it.

Lewywo4 and Chasz like this.
  16. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

The start may be interesting.

17. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I think the stewards have got it about right. Seb was moving across to defend his place, Kimi got a demon of a start and Max had nowhere to go when sandwiched between the Ferraris. The only option Max had was to stamp on the brake pedal which would have probably resulted in him getting punted up the rear and isn't really something a racing driver does. The worst thing us fans is that this effectively means the drivers championship is over barring another "miracle".

18. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

I would have been disappointed in the sport if it was called any other way.

However the choice was Sebs, he took himself out unnecessarily which, if it decides the championship in a race he could have got a great lead, is his own bloody fault.

19. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

That takes a lot of :censored: nerve on Ferrari's part to post that on twitter, and try to blame Max.

cousinDave likes this.
  20. Lewywo4

Lewywo4 Race Winner

He surely did, and on to his miracle win as he had hoped

21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    just finished catching up on Singapore gp watching it sunday evening was weird felt like i was in singapore as 1st time ive watched night race while it dark in England as well. fantastic drive by Lewis driver of the day yeah probally even if i wouldve given it to sainz. huge slice of luck to get through 1st corner unscathed all Lewis birthdays & christmas's came at once. then drove brilliantly to keep extending the gap on the bogey circuit & actually on there worst circuit only team to have both cars in the points. but where did red bull pace go every time pack was closed up Lewis pulled away. which is strange as red bull were thrashing mercedes all weekend by constant 6/7tenths. other people who had bad luck felt for alonso as him in 3rd couldve been brilliant to watch in those changeable conditions & really feel for hulkenburg what does that guy have to do to make a podium

wow that 1st lap was completely 100% correct decision to start. but was it was funny in my household alot if shouting. i was "KIMI GOING TO, Woah no hes not, both out, oh vettel gone. is that both red bulls gone. no just alonso". i was gutted for max his wretched luck continues 7 dnfs this season through either mechincial failure or other accidents. i must say i was wrong in 1st reaction as i thought max turned in on kimi but replays show he the innocent party. completely vettel fault without doubt, i said red bull should chuck 1 up the inside because vettel will jump out of the way thinking of championship. but no he squeezed verstappen & underestimated kimi having the lightning start wouldve no doubt lead into 1st corner. on the vettel on board there wasnt room for 1 car nevermind 2.

i said on friday if lewis is leading the world championship leaving Singapore. then lewis is world champion & squeezing max which in turn into kimi has just handed Lewis the title (102pts handed merc contructors) because highly likely 28 will turn into 35 in malaysia & likely 42 by suzuka is insurmountable without help & the very apolgetic radio call according to ted seems to reflect that. very strange also as was hinted towards Lewis's previous 2 title challenges v ferrari in 08 & 17. ferrari has seemingly lost it in singapore

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017

Share This