1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Singapore Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, Sep 4, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    when talking about who would replace sainz on different thread. i was talking about gelael & how head of red bull youth driver programme needs sacking, then sectioning. if that guy ever get a full drive in f1 because ive watched in F2 for the last 2 years is dreadful he makes Hayiarnto, Ide or Yamamoto look like Vettel or Lewis. unfortunately 3 seconds to kyvat is seemingly about right.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

4. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

F1Brits_90 Have you ever compared Haryantos record with that of Gelael? Haryanto may not have been the crème de la crème, but he had some race wins under his belt and some decent races in GP2. Haryanto is also much better than Ide and Yamamoto, who never succeeded at anything in junior categories.

5. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    ¥amamoto did everything he needed to: brought the money, kept the car from the wall, drove slowly. Ide had his superlicence revoked!

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Ricciardo has been absolutely blitzing the field if he keeps this up I think Red Bull look unbeatable

What happened to Ferrari in P2?

7. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford teabagyokel maybe but im about pay drivers who only got on the grid purely through money not talent

8. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    It was difficult to gage Maldonado who bought lots of money , he won the last race for Williams and he has won GP2. The speed was there but so were the accidents. He is the reason why Nico Hulkenberg has not kicked on in his F1 career .

Had Hulkenberg been in the same car he would have had a lot of podiums by now

9. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Il_leone The reason why Hülkenberg is not with a top team is also bad management. German media reported that he got close to a deal with Ferrari in 2013or 2014, but that his manager demanded more money and some other conditions to be fulfilled by Ferrari. Thus, Ferrari signed Raikkonen instead.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  10. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i always say hulkenburg is up there with kubica (im also going to it out there as didnt realise this guy was as old as he was) Riccardio that will end up since ive been watching f1 as 1 of the best drivers never to be world champion. because im a huge fan of his talent & im always confused because i dont see what more the guy can do to impress, is world champion in waiting given the car

12. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Perfectly dry in Singapore!

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Best qualifying session of the year so far.

Hamberg likes this.
  14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Rutherford Apparently he did sign a contract with Ferrari but I can't believe he is was demanding the same salary that Kimi gets so really I don't buy it unless his manager was somehow trying to convince Ferrari he is the next Schumacher. Then again Ferrari do think irrationally. It worked with Ralf Schumacher convincing Toyota paying him more money than he was worth.

-------------------------------------------------

Ricciardo I feel tomorrow if he gets himself settled for the race tomorrow after lap 1 could well win the race. That was a storming lap from Vettel but I wonder how much damage did the car took from the whack against the wall.

Verstappen might go for another lunge on the inside if he does not get bogged down at the start.

The track is hard to pass but the Red Bulls appear to have the race pace so if things don't change at the end they might try and do what they did last year where Ricciardo was put on the fastest tyre and just ran out of laps before the flag

15. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

What an amazing lap by Sebastian Vettel. Once again, he has proven to be the cream of the crop when it comes to qualifying. His precision and aggressiveness was astonishing as always.
    I could watch it over and over again:

16. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Grid should make for an interesting race. Ferrari had the engine turned up to 11 and Vettel took advantage of it. The Red Bull's may be closer on race pace but if Vettel can get away in front we should see a couple of laps of the like we used to see in his Red Bull WDC seasons.

17. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Ideal Lap (sum best sectors) in the Qual:
    Pos - No - Driver - Qual - Ideal min - Dif
    1 - 5 - S.VETTEL - 01:39,491 - 01:39,491 - 00,000
    2 - 33 - M.VERSTAPPEN - 01:39,814 - 01:39,696 - 00,118
    3 - 3 - D.RICCIARDO - 01:39,840 - 01:39,709 - 00,131
    4 - 7 - K.RAIKKONEN - 01:40,069 - 01:39,954 - 00,115
    5 - 44 - L.HAMILTON - 01:40,126 - 01:40,099 - 00,027
    6 - 77 - V.BOTTAS - 01:40,810 - 01:40,725 - 00,085
    7 - 27 - N.HULKENBERG - 01:41,013 - 01:40,896 - 00,117
    9 - 2 - S.VANDOORNE - 01:41,398 - 01:41,170 - 00,228
    8 - 14 - F.ALONSO - 01:41,179 - 01:41,173 - 00,006
    10 - 55 - C.SAINZ - 01:42,056 - 01:41,523 - 00,533

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    stunning lap from Vettel that pole lap for me as good as laps we've seen from Lewis in Montreal & monza as when he set that i thought wow. the qualy mode helped without doubt but its only part of it as Kimi 4th. the precision of the lap is brilliant with the pressure on. but the 1st corner or run down to breaking zone after the 1st sector. will be fascinating because if Verstappen or Riccardio sticks 1 up the inside will he yeild & think of the championship. because they have nothing to lose. but i said on friday, its early but if lewis still has the lead of world championship leaving singapore. the title race is as good as dead

19. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Aren't Ferrari are allowed to inspect their car and repair any damage that has been done on the grounds of driver safety Il_leone? Of so the impact with the wall wouldn't matter.

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy I would believe so but then the damage might be first visible and might be something that will happen as the race goes on but surely they won't be as daft as last year when they told Vettel to stay out on 3 wheels during quali?

21. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    My money is still on Danny Ric by the way.

What happened to Vandorne? His Q3 pace was well of his pace in Q1 and Q2.

Share This