1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Russia Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by Speshal, Apr 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Unnecessary 'm' in the penultimate word there FB ;)

Hamberg, cousinDave and FB like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    LOL

I have to say though, I was on the edge of my seat for the last 20 odd laps so oodles of overtakes do not make a great race.

Road of Bones and olegg like this.
  4. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I feel the complete opposite. If there are no overtakes then it wasn't a race. A farce yes. Race, no.

Hamberg likes this.
  5. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    Delighted for bottas. What a nice guy & made a cracking start, built a great gap. Then defended so well under such immense pressure made worse by the pressure going for maiden victory & flatspots. Remember button says bang & knocks you would never normally hear become deafening. But for the race the last 15 laps were good but It was good job that vettel took 10 laps longer to pit because that was 34 laps of absoulte nothing before then

Very weird for lewis, because as i put above normally his mental state or car that lets him down but he as just not had the pace all weekend & as final sector has been his nemasis all weekend. Grosjean was completely at fault for me as he was never going to make the move on palmer stick. He already had all 4 wheels on the kerb when he tapped palmer to spin him around to then ram grosjean

Also interesting fact i worked out that providing its 20 race season in 2018 russian gp could be venue for the 1000th gp. As will be the 4th gp of 2019

6. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

He missed Nico setting the car up for him :D

Hamberg and teabagyokel like this.
  7. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Really pleased for Bottas today. We had 4 drivers with pretty equal equiptment and he showed on his day he can go out and beat the big names. Good stuff. Hopefully he'll get a bit more respect from media and internet forums alike now.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    F1Brits_90 and Greenlantern101 like this.
  8. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    That was very impressive from Bottas and even after the race he did not go all cock a hoop about it but kept his head down and saw it as a building block to bigger things when he was interviewed. It was all very Finnish

That will not be his last victory and I think that has reduced Alonso's chances of landing a Mercedes drive significantly for 2018.

Suddenly Mercedes have a real problem to think about managing both drivers challenging for the title against Vettel now

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Boddy likes this.
  9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

If Hamilton keeps on losing 0.6 seconds per lap then there will be no problem. However that does seem rather unlikely.

But the thing that does concern me is that Verstappen was in fifth place 60 seconds behind; that is roughly 1.2 seconds per lap. Making that gap up will take some very hard work indeed and this is Red Bull who are one of the richest teams in the field. The rest stand no chance whatsoever.

10. LifeW12

LifeW12 Podium Finisher

Featured Threads:
    What was the final overtaking number, I can't see the threads.

11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Big fat duck egg.

12. LifeW12

LifeW12 Podium Finisher

Featured Threads:
    :bawl::bawl:

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I seem to have missed out on something. Oh, yes.

Congratulations to Bottas on a well earned maiden victory, he had the drive to go into the lead at the start then built on it steadily bit by bit. He held on to the finish, making one minor error in the whole race. I am sure that there are more to come.

gethinceri and teabagyokel like this.
  14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    heres a great stat ive found the last time Bottas won a race, guess who was 3rd

Rio Haryanto

15. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    Barry Manilow!?

Hamberg likes this.
  16. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
  17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I think he means Simon Le Bon/Durran Durran. To be fair he's not wrinkly old and jaded like us so 80s music must not be high on F1Brits_90 priority list.

gethinceri and teabagyokel like this.
  18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Official results are in and there was 1 overtake! Wherlein passed Ericsson on lap 5. Certainly my highlight of the race.

19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    I was born in 1990. So might have got it confused. LOL:facepalm:

Wasnt barry manilow the original version of her name is rio & she dances on the sand" That the fans renamed "his name is rio & hes beached it in the sand" or have i got confused with copacobana

Or is it neither LOL

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  20. teabagyokel

Featured Threads:
    You have got confused with Copacobana (the song in which someone is brutally murdered, to the lasting cost of his girlfriend's sanity, and Barry Manilow is absolutely sodding delighted by the sound of it).

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Don't dis Barry!

gethinceri likes this.