1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Monaco Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by RasputinLives, May 15, 2017.

1. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I'm quite surprised that I havent!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

What is about the Ferrari fans?
    Will thet criticize the team tactics in favor of Vettel as
    they criticized tactics in favor of Hamilton before?

4. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Don't like the new corporate podium. Bring back the classic ground floor podium.

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Nice to see a team enjoying their national anthem. Makes a change that there are enough of the nationality of the team to know the words.

6. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Team tactics weren't executed in this race. Raikkonen pitted posted a faster laps than he had done previously, but Vettel was able to post even faster laps and pull out a sufficient lead on Raikkonen, despite being on older tyres.
    After the pit stops he pulled out a gap of 13 seconds. Clearly, Raikkonen was lacking the pace on the super softs.

7. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Fixed it.

Il_leone likes this.
  8. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Good to see Ferrari 1-2, although to be honest I would have liked Raikkonen to win, but clearly Vettel was faster. Nasty accident towards the end., good thing both drivers are fine. Massa making it to the top-10 and Stroll complaining about his brakes and finishing 7 laps behind is how I would describe Williams' team dynamics today.

9. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I thought I saw the most ridiculous crash performed by Ericsson

10. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Well **** me, that was dull but then again it's Monaco what was I expecting, thank Jeebus for the fast forward button.

11. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    It was not dull race but not an exciting Monaco. I was expecting a few people to tag the barriers but not the way expected

12. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Palmer, Stroll and Verstappen finished the race. They deserve a trophy or an ice cream.:thumbsup:

13. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Stroll didn't.

He didn't hit the barriers though.

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    No Stroll did not hit the barriers which was good on his part .. Williams through Massa were very fortunate to get 2 pts

15. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

teabagyokel Ok, he didn't finish, but lets not marginalise the fact and achievement that he didn't "kiss" the barrier.

Gotta give credit where credits due. #Blessed

16. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I thought he "kissed the barrier " in lap 17. Not enough to knock him out of the race, but I'm sure he scraped his paintwork.

17. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Thoughts after Monaco;
    • Carlos Sainz must be at the front of the queue for the next top drive that comes available.
    • If Hulkenberg retires from a race, Renault might as well pack up and go home.
    • Mercedes have been very scrappy in these first six races. Drivers and team need to shake off any complacency.
    • However Force India made the strategy blunder of the season to pit Perez so early. Never looked like a Safety Car situation.
    • Somehow, Haas have made the worst livery on the grid, worse.
    • Kimi is about 50:50 to win a race this season, I reckon. It will need Vettel to retire.

18. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Perez got away quite lightly in my opinion - Two penalty points for Perez after Kvyat clash · F1 Fanatic He looked like a man looking to take part in a destruction derby throughout the race.

Galahad likes this.
  19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    with the ton of sporting events this weekend. & working yesterday. i caught up this morning & im not really sure how i feel about the major race deciding moment. because i do feel like ferrari did nobble Kimi & ferrari had already decided in Q3 Kimi regardless best he could do was 2nd unless bottas got in between, by quite clearly giving vettel the favourable statergy & waiting until he was 21 secs in front til they pitted him. almost had 2 briefings. right we pitting you on lap 37 & you on lap 38 <Kimi leaves> right forget what i said providing you get a good start. we just wait til you get a gap then jump him

but then Kimi couldnt get the gap to stuff Ferraris plan. i think i was 2.3 secs at the most & Vettel was probably getting held up considering the high 15's & low 16s he was doing & Kimi apparently according to sky was in mid 16s. even Riccardio was closing on him but at that point i bet he thought what's the point

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Galahad Perez actually damaged his wing so he had to pit because he was losing time

FB Sergio's attitude post race was he had to go for it but he apologised to everyone but Kyvat who's race was ruined by a move which he tried a few years ago on Alonso and came off worse

Incidentally whilst Lance Stroll did not crash in the race his rather panicky reaction to brake problems does not help his reputation
    and just raises further questions about whether he should be in F1

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Interestingly to note I don't think Kimi was saying his tyres were going off and he needed to be called in and that is why he looked so miffed on the podium

Behind all the accusations that Ferrrari are backing Vettel - there are two points to note from that i) Vettel will surely not get the same luxury at Mercedes seeing he is alleged to have held talks about 2018 ii) Ferrari appears to acting to show that Vettel is their man

Share This