1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Grand Prix 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Nov 1, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    problem with Bottas is that you get judged v your teammate & unfortuantly since he won in Austria he hasnt been anywhere close. but what would be the story that people want to tell at the moment

yeah the reliablity isnt good & almost worst than honda but i think mclaren improvement its more down to the alonso miracles. he done down the years like ferrari 2012 & mclaren aero improvement. because they were still bottom of speed traps i think 1 of mclarens were 315kph top was 332kph

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yes it seems to be the common opinion that Alonso is basically Fred Flintstone style pushing that car on with his feet. The problem with that theory is that he wasn't able to do it earlier in the season and Vandoorne seems to be able to do it too. I think Honda have to be given credit for how much they've improved over the season if nothing else.

Chasz and FB like this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Bring on the all beating Toro Rosso Honda in 2018!

Chasz likes this.
  5. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

In 2010 and onwards there was plenty of talk of Alonso extracting 120% out of the car; he must have figured a way out of breaking the laws of physics or Einstein et al. didn't define them correctly.

RasputinLives and gethinceri like this.
  6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    plenty of action down the field, if nothing at the top of field. great moves from Hamilton & Riccardios trademark overtakes that came from so far back he started in Argentina. Bottas did well even if he was never a challenger because vettel always looked like he was doing the jackie Stewart quote of winning at slowest speed & i dont want to keep knocking him. you never know it might be better tyre strategy but for Lewis to finish 3secs behind bottas when he was on pole & lewis pit lane is bit worrying.

also few minor things i wonder if Grosjean penalty is because i noticed that the safety car had been deployed for at least 10secs before ocon & grosjean came together at that tricky T5. i mentioned it at austin bit again today the gap between top 3 & rest is worrying. Hamilton & Riccardio was like watching le mans 24hrs with LMP1 overtaking LMP2 cars

& i wasnt emotional at message from massa kid but really what a lovely touching message cant wait to see how massa will get us crying in 2018 after 2016 & 2017. although i didnt get the point of televising massa interview because i doubt there many English viewers on sky f1 are fluent in Portuguese or should i say "duvida que muitos espectadores na Inglaterra são fluentes em português"

7. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Romans they go the house?

The Pits likes this.
  8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Hamilton drove past most of the cars on track, there was nothing they could do such was the power of the Mercedes. The worrying thing is that Mercedes have a mighty advantage.

- AMUS, translated by DeepL

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    If this was a new motor did it have to conform to the new oil burning regs? I'm sure that part of the drop off in Ferrari's pace was about the time the oil rules changed and then they introduced a new engine version which met these new requirements.

10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i noticed this great video of comparison between max verstappen 2017 fastest lap & Montoya's 2004 lap (also some stills to shows the gap between both cars)

Screenshot_20171113-231832.png
    Screenshot_20171113-231627.png
    Screenshot_20171113-231731.png

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    vintly likes this.
  11. marksawatsky

marksawatsky Points Scorer Contributor

Oh man, the sound of Montoyas car! Sound is more important than laptimes

12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    yeah I get that because where as the technology to make a V6 car that's 120kg heavier go 4 tenths quicker, is highly impressive. its noise not technology that make people go wow

13. TR

TR Rookie

I actually prefer the sound of the modern engines.

Wombcat likes this.

Share This