1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Grand Prix 2017 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by FB, Nov 1, 2017.

1. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Awesome, Mercedes are going to add another 10 square centimetres of carbon fibre to their car. Well that's me tuning in. I don't want to miss the dust up when they run that in Friday practice.

:sleeping:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. FP1 Results
    [​IMG]

4. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

5. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

6. FP2 Results
    [​IMG]

7. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

- Source: FAZ.net

I think if Red Bull had had their windtunnel working correctly, because of which they lost two months, and if the Renaults were more reliable the Red Bull would have been a title contender this season.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Meh, we have no idea as to how Max would have compared to Hamilton and Vettel in Mexico due to the first lap incident. That's like concluding Mercedes had the fastest car in Singapore as took 1st and 3rd place.

gethinceri likes this.
  9. FP3 Results. Close gap between the Top 4.
    [​IMG]

10. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Erm...out on the first out lap in the first session of qualification? Is he trying to spice up the race?

11. Mezzer

Mezzer A fine chap if ever there was one. Contributor

Well, there will be fewer tears about Merc running away with it ...

12. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

The depressing thing is to look at the Q3 times and seeing that it is still a two horse race series.

13. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    If Vettel can get in front of Bottas on the first lap it's race over. Ferrari don't have the same qualie modes as Mercedes for their engines but can match them on race pace and Bottas isn't in the same league as Hamilton when it comes to fighting with Vettel.

Mezzer likes this.
  14. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    A wet / dry race will sort things out nicely.

15. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    im annoyed at that as i had money on Verstappen & Riccardio to win world championship season. i thought it was red bull year with added aerodynamics but yeah reliability & windtunnels stopped it

16. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

George Russell (current GP3 Champion) said that Lando Norris will probably be moving to Super Formula next season.

17. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    well done to bottas. ive been quite critical of him last few months saying how we havent seen a good performance from him since austria so but that was a great lap to take pole when it looked like vettel had it sown up very uncharacteristic error that makes the race interesting tomorrow. maybe his tires werent up to temperature or track temp of 28c instead of 50+ but very weird mid corner. as Lewis turned it in. car stuck, then half way through it lost control very weird

& i think we should fine next year, f1 is getting better although bar a few good races we might as well write off this current decade. as we should have 4 way fight at top next year with Ferrari Red Bull Mercedes & based on alonso, red bulls form, Mclaren

18. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Someone on here said a few weeks ago that Lewis was the most popular driver in Brazil. I didn't argue because I didn't know if it was true or not. After hearing the cheer that went up when he went into the wall I realise that it's not true! :)

I think Lewis was unlucky and found the track conditions had changed but it is exciting for us and I fully expect him to be 7th by about lap 5.

I'm cheering Bottas on today as he has had such a kicking from people of late. My head says Vettel win though.

That Mclaren Honda package is starting to look good Isn't it? Let's hope changing engine supplier doesn't set them back. The Renault is hardly awesome at the moment is it?

19. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Which isn't unreasonable given his latest performances, is it?

20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives Bottas has a had kicking because Lewis since summer break has been untouchable & he's fighting the redbulls for 4th.

21. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I just said he'd had a kicking not that it was right or wrong. I still think he's doing the exact job Merc want him too.

Edit - I will add though that his kicking is just part of a story that people want to tell at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017

Share This