1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by FB, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Bottas made one error whilst trying to get heat into his tyres on a damp track. Didn't Vettel do something similar which peed off Mark Webber?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Both Ferrari and Mercedes No 2 drivers are performing badly to their teammates and they both are occupying seats coveted by everyone else not in a Merc or a Ferrari

Yes Bottas made an amateurish error but we've yet to see him race wheel to wheel with the other cars so lets hold off until mid season or so when we can see his relative pace

4. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

We have also seen Vettel spin off on the last lap of the Canadian Grand Prix. Bottas has had plenty of good performances negated by Williams's strategy and he has been a very consistent driver in his career until now.

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Fascinating engineering although I struggle to see applications beyond an F1 car.

Ferrari brings major upgrade to Bahrain GP

6. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Then how do you explain the last three seasons?

Apparently you believe that Rosberg and Hamilton are the two greatest drivers of all time, as that is the only way to account for the total domination of Mercedes. It also means that Alonso and Button must be complete rubbish given how poorly they did over that time span.

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

One does have to differentiate, if a car is notably faster than those of the competition it is obviously not only down to the driver how well he performs in comparison to the others but the Mercedes inter team battle also proved that the driver makes the difference because Hamilton regularly out qualified Rosberg by 0.3 sec. sometimes even 1/2 sec..
    This also holds true for the battle between Bianchi vs. Chilton (2012- 2013), Vettel vs. Webber (2010- 2013), Alonso vs. Massa (2010- 2013), Schumacher vs. Barrichello (2000- 2004), Senna vs. Hill (1994), Prost vs. Hill (1993), Mansell vs. Patrese (1992).
    Whether or not a car is dominant due to technical innovations, an inter team battle provides a solid foundation to prove that the driver makes the difference.

FB likes this.
  9. Titch

Titch Mine is the best pink car on the track. Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Other than watching the cars on track, which is always fun, you can't really tell a lot from P1. You can maybe spot a team that is falling apart, but mostly they are out doing testing stuff. Nothing really stood out today.

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I swear, having read the article on Ferrari's upgrades, that I found it utterly boring.

"Ferrari have upgraded their front wing by moving the left upper slot right and reversing the lower left slot right up on the reverse side of the upper lower left face of the inner........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I know its not helped by my current malaise regarding all things F1 but is that really all we have left to be excited about? Slots and holes?

I bought 3 old copies of motorsport from the 70's in a junk shop for 60p today. Reading the technical reports in those magazines is such a nice refresher.

11. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Tell us about them, we want to know what they wrote about.

12. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Titch - P1 is particularly pathetic run in the day for a night race! Conditions scarcely resemble any competitive running.

Titch likes this.
  13. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy Vettel has made a lot of amateurish errors and smashing into other drivers not just Webber...

gethinceri likes this.
  14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Somehow BBC managed to spell my twitter name wrong asking about F1 cameos:facepalm: via twitter

15. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Jolyon Palmer - are there any supporters for him ? The gap between and Hulkenberg has been over 1 second in the last two practice sessions which is worrying for him. Oliver Rowland is waiting in the wings.

16. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He's di Resta.
    A shame, I like him.

17. olegg

olegg Race Winner

Third practice
    [​IMG]

18. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I was expecting improvement from Jolyon but it is worrying there is already this massive gap between him and Hulkenberg consistently

19. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

Il_leone I'm sure he is having an issue with the car, again.

He simply can handle it, the same issue he had last season. LOL

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Carlos Sainz - how unlucky can you get ?

What a lap from Hulkenberg ... that podium is coming soon

21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Why do they have FP1 and FP3 at a time when the track temperature can be as much as 25 degrees C higher than in the race? Either make it a night weekend or a daytime one like Singapore for heaven's sake.

Share This