1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by cider_and_toast, Jun 14, 2017.

1. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Who is strong and stable?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    this guy LOL 2017-07-01-12-58-19-.jpg

gethinceri likes this.
  4. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    The brake check thing is something Schumacher was commonly known for when he use to be the lead car behind the safety car

3 incidents come to mind

Monza - 2000 when after 4 cars went out and a marshall was being attended to , the race was not stopped and controversially ran behind a safety car ( now being Monza with a Ferrari leading you can work out yourselves!:whistle:)

Schumacher suddenly coming up to the Parabolica decided to brake suddenly to keep his brakes warms - the 4 cars immediately behind all had to suddenly brake unfortunately a certain Jenson Button was too close and had to go on the outside to avoid hitting one car and into the gravel which damaged his rear wing and put him out of the race

Supposedly the rules were changed to outlaw this sudden braking

Austria 2003 when I think Schumacher was behind the safety car and he again on the long straight suddenly brake checked to gap himself which irated Montoya who was gesturing to him to maintain the pace after nearly going into him at relatively low speed

Monaco 2004 - I don't see how it was Montoya's fault when Schumacher was the lead car and decided to warm the brakes out of the tunnel and got on the dust running wide and tried coming back in. Montoya was just staying to the inside line but with nowhere to go hit Schumacher

racecub likes this.
  5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    See article I posted earlier when Montoya apologised straight away. So he thought so.

6. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Just got back from me hols. Anything happen in this race?

Actually, I got to watch the C4 feed on a satellite in the villa which got British TV. Fun wasn't it.

7. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Just seen a video from F1.com (so I can't share it) which shows Nico Hulkenberg going to sit in one of the grandstands after the disappointing end to his race in Baku. It was posted by the Renault F1 team on Facebook with the caption "We wondered where Nico was for the rest of the race" LOL

8. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

Nothing at all. ROFL

9. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    No mention (that I spotted) of Hammy asking for Bottas to be used to slow Vettel up so that he could try and overtake. I think this demonstrates where the power lies within the team.

10. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

Toto, given that the answer was 'no'

Chasz, teabagyokel and racecub like this.
  11. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    You have to wonder if the answer would have been different if Bottas hadn't been chasing Stroll down.

12. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Well you can wonder, but as it was, the answer was no.
    Toto demonstrated clearly last year that Mercedes decisions will always be made by what most benefits the team not the driver.
    Bottas had a guaranteed third and possible second. Baking Vettel into Lewis would have said goodbye to second, jepordised third and had no guarantee of getting Hamilton safely past Vettel. Toto's answer was a no brainer.

13. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I know you're a Hammy fan racecub but don't you find it a little disappointing that he even asked the question? The Merc was, without doubt, the class of the field in Baku and, given the pole lap Hamilton put in, even faster when he was driving it, but he couldn't find the speed to challenge Vettel after the head restraint incident. He shouldn't have needed help and I don't think should have even asked it.

14. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Yes I agree he shouldn't have asked, and it was disappointing that he did. In his defence he was probably a tad upset and disappointed himself that a race where he'd been faultless and had the race in the bag was lost due to a technicality. ( I know this is racing).
    At least his disappointment didn't manifest itself in ramming a competitor.

Chasz, teabagyokel and FB like this.
  15. FB

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Worth a watch, explains why Hamilton's cockpit surround came loose although not why he was the only one.

16. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I bet Toto was embarrassed to hear Hammy asking for that - pathetic!

17. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    I imagine team managers have received far worse requests.

Chasz likes this.
  18. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I do wish that you would stop all this baking of Vettel racecub. There's no point unless someone is going to eat him and I think that is unlikely, if you back me into a corner I will still refuse.:o

19. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    LOL! You had me confused for a second there.... I see what I did. Fair cop! I blame the iPad, anything but me! However, expect more similar :facepalm:

Chasz, teabagyokel and Bill Boddy like this.
  20. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I just remembered were Vettel be disqualified , he would lose his points and Hamilton gain an extra two points which means they would be going level in the championship

:thinking:

teabagyokel likes this.
  21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I guess the FIA has no balls after all .. it was just an exercise to remind everyone they still exist before Jean Todt disappears in his shell for another 6 months:whistle:

Share This