1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by teabagyokel, Jun 25, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    would make sense. as it can be hit & miss. as i could find 87 but nothing else

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Great drive by Bo77as. Is he the real deal?

4. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    No.

5. RasputinLives

RasputinLives He's the master of going faster Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Harsh but to the point Galahad

Bottas is reminding me more and more of Massa in 2007. Everyone including 95% of his own team think he is the number 2 but every 3 or 4 races he pulls off a super result that keeps him within sniffing distance of the title race. Enough to make people stop and go Hmmm anyways.

Oh and he was the fastest out there all weekend. Let's not take that away from him.

6. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Well Hamilton did endorse him to Mercedes that he deserved to stay for another year at Mercedes (and was also a thinly veiled attempt to let his bosses know if you sign Vettel you'll expect trouble)

7. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Did anyone else see Vettel pull alongside Bottas on the victory lap and nearly swerve into him? LOL

Bill Boddy and F1Brits_90 like this.
  8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i said back in January when Bottas was announced & even part of last season. Bottas was the better driver in my opinion, I still think a title challenge is unlikely but you never know he has already beaten Hamilton fair & square twice this season. just been the faster driver all weekend. he is only 35pts off vettel & 15pts off Hamilton so I wouldn't count him out

although on bottas, he doesnt like to win his races comfortably, won both his races by 6 tenths of a second. after tremendous pressure from vettel in the closing laps. as I put on the out of 10 thread, the 1st half not the best but lap 30 onwards I quite enjoyed thought it was a intriguing race we had a few good battles lewis & kimi to start with & the last 7 laps were amazing, brilliant ending. i bet the tv director didn't know where to focus for best because we had both 1-2 & 3-4 all up for grabs both with few tenths of each other. Kyvat I got to say I'm surprised is even racing for toro rosso in 2017 because post Germany 2016 when he was almost in tears in the pen that he wouldn't see 2016 out. but despite racing around it for 3 days. the 1st corner seemingly surprised him & forgot to break stupid mistake. & if sainz is at dead end then I dread to think what kyvat is. as surely Gasly will be in that seat in 2018 at least

could seem to find a picture of it & saw they had a countdown to 1000 on the main straight with Austrian gp being 965, which I believe from calculation from looking at the 2017 & 2018 Calendar. last scheduled race is 2018 abu dhabi which leaves us on 997. which means that 3rd slot on 2019 will be a very sought after place on calendar & who knows considering austraila appartantly pay a premium to be the opener & Abu Dhabi same for Finale. a country might want to pay to be 3rd & host the 1000th grand prix

9. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I saw a headline that Perez and Vandoorne both got penalty points after Austria. Anyone know what these were for, I couldn't be bothered to click on the link.

10. Road of Bones

Road of Bones MTC Mole Premium Contributor

Sounds like you have a case of "lazy tentacle" there, FB

I'm off for a scuttle...

FB likes this.
  11. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    FB not obeying blue flags. Saw Perez's one and he was being a dick. Only heard Kimi rant about Vandorne so can't comment.

FB likes this.
  12. Rutherford

Rutherford Rookie

What a race, one day later and I can't remember it. Two hours that went down the drain...

13. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Interesting about those decisions, especially the one about Perez.

OK, Event&Timing Information

14. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

There is some rather unfortunate wording on the Formula 1 web site about Bottas and Vettel.

Formula 1®

FB likes this.
  15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    ROFL You missed the discussion in Chat Bill Boddy about turn 3 being renamed Rosberg.

16. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Apparently DC thinks Vettel lives in "Alternate reality"

17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    He would know. He lived there for years. Remember that 'sporting agreement' where, completely of his own decision, he moved over to give up a win? Different planet.

18. teabagyokel

teabagyokel Pirelli's Fault Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Coulthard was the absolute perfect number two driver! He had that strong sense of honour, plus he never actually seemed to believe he was faster than any of his team-mates. He also seemed genuinely happy with his lot.

There's loads of top team managers who would love another DC!

Andyoak likes this.

Share This