Poll 2016 European Grand Prix - Out of Ten

How did you rate the European GP out of 10?

Votes: 1 2.6%

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 12 30.8%

Votes: 8 20.5%

Votes: 4 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they dropped DRS there would only be about two overtakes. An awful race circuit. With no fans.

I don't think so. This track didn't need DRS at all because that straight is soooo long. For the under-powered cars it was impossible to defend. And the second DRS zone (with one detection point) was really over the top.

Promised a lot but was a boring race. I give it a 3. All 3 for Sergio Perez. Great drive! I wonder where he'd have finished without the grid penalty.

2. I watched it later, on Sky+, and got so bored, I actually looked up the result on my ipad before it was at half-distance. I may have nodded off for a few laps in the middle too, though that may have had something to do with PdR's dreary commentary...

Had to give it a 1, was exciting build up, but that was the climax, fell asleep which summed up the race for me,

Hugely entertaining for fans of team radio. Or people who grew up next to motorways and were never allowed out.

What a dire affair.

Back to Europe from the European GP then shall we?

Sat there waiting for something to happen, which never did. 4/10

What has happened with 2016? Started great but since has had a turn for the boring. This European GP is in line with the previous 2 races. Only 5,

It is a 5 from me.
The track looked like it had great potential to deliver a great race, not least going by the bumps & scrapes on Friday & Saturday, but was rather a damp sqib on Sunday.

I think that the excitement of Monzaco was all in qualifying. Overtaking was too easy, and the challenge of the tight technical stuff was of limited importance in the general scheme.

I didn't come away thinking anything other than how else I could have spent the time.

3 from me

3 because only in reading this thread have I found out that EJ did the podium interviews, I just about saw Rosberg won through my sleep! Lewis' charge was meant to be the saving grace but that never came off once they couldn't help him fix whatever was wrong and give us a race

May they need to consider where they put the DRS for a start .. it is one of the longest circuits on the track

Surprisingly after all the complaints from drivers about the lack of run off there was not actually anyone making silly mistakes and putting it into the wall

I hope it won't be another Valencia but what it is evident is that with the massive straight a powerful engine is important

And low downforce. There is little chance of getting past anywhere except the straights so just go for maximum speed.

What happened to all those circuits with long flowing series of curves where the drivers stood a chance (even if only a small one)?

Back
Top Bottom