2016-17 Silly Season. Drivers Market

Proven race winner, former World Champion, will push Vettel to perform at his highest, willing to fight for the team to win Team & Driver's Championship.
Sound move, and the right one.
Why take a gamble on their "up and coming" drivers if they haven't yet shown their mettle?

Off course the plan will only succeed if Vettel becomes world champion in putting Kimi as his teammate

Kimi just is not consistently as fast as he use to be... it seems where the car is slight out of his operating window - he really struggles

the car is geared towards Vettel who likes under steer whereas Kimi prefers over steer but he seems to be at his best on tracks where the drivers input is needed more

Let's remember Ferrari are using Kimi to cover a Jules Bianci shaped hole. No doubt in my mind he would have been in that team but for his death.

Kimi will prob get another couple of years until Leclerc is deemed ready.

I think 2018 will be the last year of Kimi if seeing either Ferrari will want to promote Le Clerc or they may finally consider Verstappen /Ricciardo or Sainz

I wonder if Kimi's contract says he is no 2

Last edited:
Until he finally quits which is never so he has to be told he is not wanted since being told he was a laggard did not seem to phase him

Last year he hit back at the media critics who were expecting him to be dropped..

Rutherford because that is how Ferrari operate clear No 1 and No 2

but thinking about it Ferrari announcing it before Spa will mean mean people like Sainz and Perez will have their contracts sorted out now as well but if Vettel does not commit and wants the Mercedes seat then the only drivers Ferrari would want are the Red Bull drivers

That would mean Bottas would have make way unless Mercedes start to reveal their cards and keep Bottas

It will be interesting to see if Ferrari wait till Monza to announce Vettel staying so the next two races could prove critical in swaying Vettel about Ferrari's competitiveness on the power circuits

Actually, Barrichello has often stated that he did not sign a No. 2 contract at Ferrari, but he has cried about being ‘mistreated’ by the team multiple times, if only he had a backbone, same with Massa. They’re simply sore losers and WC in crying.
Senna is probably spins in his grave thinking about his fellow countrymen.
Irvine has also said that he and Schumacher were free to race up until a certain point in the season, when it became clear who could challenge for the title which is fair.

Thinking of Massa and Barrichello makes me shiver. Absolutely disgusting those two. Boris Johnson would call them ‘great supine protoplasmic invertebrate jellies’.

teabagyokel Rutherford I think that decision was taken when Eddie Irvine signed a contract with Ferrari stating he was No 2

A perfect example was when Irvine won the first race in 1999 and Jean Todt kept reminding him who he drives for

------------------------

Rutherford Barrichello had no backbone - after Austria 2001 and then history repeated itself a year later - he should have tried to go elsewhere - Williams would have been a good choice for him

Massa's situation again - he was kept out sympathy but Alonso's ruthlessness and ego was something the Ferrari management could not afford to upset

RasputinLives No but he is getting use to it and at the same time destroying his own legacy but in typical Kimi fashion he does not care which makes him ideal for Ferrari

Rutherford Barrichello had no backbone - after Austria 2001 and then history repeated itself a year later - he should have tried to go elsewhere - Williams would have been a good choice for him

Massa's situation again - he was kept out sympathy but Alonso's ruthlessness and ego was something the Ferrari management could not afford to upset
Barrichello never had a backbone or else he wouldn't have listened to the team. Letting your teammate pass you a few meters in front of the finish line is incredibly pathetic. He should have quit driving for Ferrari that day. I rate him much higher than Massa and it always baffled me why he threw away his career at Ferrari, but I guess they paid him a lot of $.

Rutherford

I'm curious: How many times have YOU told your boss to go pound sand and then proceeded to do the opposite to what you were told to do? If the answer is other than zero (which I doubt), how long did you retain that job?

Back
Top Bottom