2016-17 Silly Season. Drivers Market

Not sure what Rosberg's contract demands are but after this race does he still want to be in the same team as Hamilton?

I think for Mercedes it would be better to get a solid nr.2 driver for next year, instead of Rosberg as a joint( albeit a tiny bit slower) nr. 1. Now they are taking points off of each other. The competition is getting closer, they can't have that next year.

Well the ferocity is what Hamilton needs to push himself higher. If Mercedes were to put Wehrlein in the other car two conundrums
i) What would the bosses make that Hamilton starts to thrash the next German hope seeing they've publicly backed him to be successful?
ii) What would Hamilton do if the team starts to get behind Wehrlein because the bosses want to see a German world champion in a German car?

Alonso wants the known quantity of Button at Mclaren rather than the potential superstar Vandoorne. Well blow me down with a feather ;)

Il_leone Ferrari will sign Kimi again as long as he works well with Vettel.

Yes. I'm sure he did. Then he went to lengths to say he had a great working relationship with Button. ;)

It's like the time he went to lengths to say Massa was the fastest team mate he has ever had exactly at the same point his then team mate Kimi had an awful qualifying.

Schooled at the Flav school of media relations.

Yes. I'm sure he did. Then he went to lengths to say he had a great working relationship with Button. ;)

It's like the time he went to lengths to say Massa was the fastest team mate he has ever had exactly at the same point his then team mate Kimi had an awful qualifying.

Schooled at the Flav school of media relations.
He may just see the value of maintaining a good relationship with Button for the remainder of the season for the good of the team. I think he's matured and is far less self centred than he was during his first stint at McLaren.

Last edited:
personally from a McLaren point of view, vandoorne and Alonso should be in the car next season. JB's saving grace would be sponsor related,although I do think it is coming time to move aside, maybe to another team to mentor a rookie, hopefully Williams for a finale season, then to WEC withe Webber.

Back
Top Bottom