MotoGP 2015 Season

Well this is it! Tomorrow's gonna be the emost heavily-charged title contest for a long time.

And Lorenzo's laid down quite a marker, getting pole by a half-a-second margin. Which sounds a bit ominous.

It's all down to whatever Rossi can do starting from last now...

Incredible mental strength from him to have withstood all that immense pressure throughout, with a rear tyre that was shedding itself towards the end as we saw in the pit-ane later on. I thought the turning point was about a lap and a half from the end, when Pdrosa pulled a move on Marquez. The two Hondas became emcroiled in their own battle and it just gave Lorenzo the breathing space he needed.

Marquez should be ashamed of himself.

It reminded me of Neal in BTCC when he helped a driver from another team to win the championship, at the expense of his rival.

Having said that though, Rossi didn't even deserve to be in the race, let alone in contention to win the title.

Apparently Marquez could not get close enough to Lorenzo to pass him and he was saving for one last effort until Pedrosa closed up and cost him time.

Interesting to see some people like James Allen seem to disagree about Marquez's performance

1. James Allen ‏@Jamesallenonf1 2 hrs2 hours ago
      Great ride by @lorenzo99 but #Marquez needs to ask himself where priorities lie - made no effort to pass and blocked Pedosa. Shame @MotoGP

Last edited:
off course it has nothing to do with the fact that Lorenzo and Pedrosa are generally hated rivals and Marquez wanted Lorenzo to have the title

Be interesting to hear what is HRC's official line about their two riders

The title was important to Lorenzo because he has not won the title with Rossi as his teammate over a full season his first one Rossi injured himself and 2nd one Rossi was at Ducati

Marquez used to be my second favourite rider but I'm thoroughly disgusted with him over the last three races.
Lorenzo was gifted that championship by Marques.
Marques will be a very unpopular rider next year I imagine....except in Spain.

t I'm thoroughly disgusted with him over the last three races.

-------------------------------

Including the one that he won after passing Lozenzo on the last lap? :s

There is only one rider that should be very unpopular right now and that's Rossi, who should hav been disqualified from a race in which he deliberately took out another rider about whom he was becoming thoroughly paranoid against. And I van't believe all the Rossi apologists out there. Rossi should by rights have lost any respects from sll watching Moto gP out there.

As for Marquez his only crime out there has been to race Rossi a bit harder than anyone else, and if he did carry a grudge against Rossi before he certainly did after THAT press conference where rossi made himself sound like a demented paranoid schyzo type. And justifiably too. Even so I didn't see himtaking Rossi wide nor did I even see enter into any kind of contact with him on the track.

I didn't see any evidence either that Marquez was giving Lorenzo an easy ride - didn't he beat him to the win on the last lap a mere two races ago? And even if he did well there is absolutely no rule that says you have to ride to the limit of your ability a 100 per cent of the time. As long as he stays within the rules - which he did - Marquez is entitled to ride any bloody way he likes.

Well if Rossi hadn't kicked Marquez in the last race then just perhaps he'd have won the title. To blame Marquez for not fighting Lorenzi hard enough seems to be a bit pathetic seeing as Marquez wasn't one of the title contenders.

Nail-biting race though. Bit frustrating towards the end and Pedrosa/Marquez tripping over each other really sealed Lorenzo's victory as the race ran out of laps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom