MotoGP 2015 Season

Not sure what this has got to do with the last race. I'm not a fan of Marquez but I can't for the life of me see anything wrong with the way he rode in the last race. He was aggressive but fair. I didn't see him make any contact with Rossi during any of his passes on him.

Marquez still blames Rossi for the clash in Argentina which cost him the race and put him out of the title race. Rossi seems to think Marquez is going to act as a rear gunner for Lorenzo

Now Repsol have claimed they will quit MotoGP because of Rossi's dirty antics

I feel that Rossi was in the wrong. Rossi said that Marquez just hit Rossi's foot but there was quite a definite leg movement there. Now Rossi says he's not going to play any more because he's got the penalty he deserved, although I think that a better one would have been to disqualify him. I think it more likely than not that he will be racing in Spain; he probably suspects that it's his best chance of getting that tenth championship.

A few weeks ago there was a one place penalty given to a rider for a misdemeanour, can't remember but it was in Moto 2 or three. I think that this is a more effective way of doing it than giving time penalties.

Danny Kent was given a six place penalty and a a three place penalty at the last two races respectively for exceeding his 110% :rolleyes:
The trouble with Rossi and Marquez is they are birds of a feather and the way they were both acting in the last race a clash was inevitable.
Interestingly in the studio from a rider's point of view James Toseland did say putting your leg out to rebuff an opponent who was leaning on you (as Marquez was) is common with bikers, it was just unfortunate the brake handle got caught.
So which action do you condone? Deliberately leaning on another rider or putting your leg out to stop the opponent's action?
Obviously neither yet only one was punished.
On hindsight Rossi should have let Marquez keep leaning, push Rossi off his bike and get the punishment but I don't think that's how riders minds work.
It was a stupid thing for Vale to do and probably brought on by the self-induced paranoia... I bet he won't be wearing his donkey helmet at the next race though, providing he turns up...
I will be very interested to see what Marquez does regarding Lorenzo at the last race, it's looking like an all Spanish podium on current performance but I for one am praying for a Dani win!
On a completely different point - what numpties chose a track notorious for not being able to overtake on for the last race of the season :givemestrength:

TAnd in the midst of all that we' ve got the big news of the complete rebirth of Pedrosa, which is now being completely overlooked.

If only he could keep that sort of form + remain injury-free throughout an entire season...

it seems bizarre that Dani Pedrosa having been a factory Honda has still yet to win the premier class ..he's like the Mamola of 21st century

I think its refreshing to see Marquez struggling which is probably induced by the Honda bike not being as good as it is . It should be interesting next season between the top 4 guys currently

Smith was absolutely over the moon at beating Crutchlow, it boosts his chances of a factory team rise.

Kent had a difficult race, dropping down the order to about twelfth before moving up to the back of the leading group; he said that the bike lacked power. He is twenty four points ahead of Oliveira, now all he needs is either two points if Oliveira wins or Oliveira to not win. It will be a tense race for the team.

.[/QUOTE]]it seems bizarre that Dani Pedrosa having been a factory Honda has still yet to win the premier class ...[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------

You make it sound so easy! As though everyone with a factory contract should find it a piece of piss to grab a few titles..

Last edited:
Incubus What I meant was he is good enough to win the Premier class and seems to be the eternal bridesmaid and has won a lot of races. It just seems the luck and consistency never falls for him at the right moment.

He is certainly above someone like Doviozso in class
I mean Schwantz use to win a lot of races but he always up against Rainey who was far more consistent

You make it sound so easy! As though everyone with a factory contract should find it a piece of piss to grab a few titles..

Incubus What I meant was he is good enough to win the Premier class and seems to be the eternal bridesmaid and has won a lot of races. It just seems the luck and consistency never falls for him at the right moment.

He is certainly above someone like Doviozso in class
I mean Schwantz use to win a lot of races but he always up against Rainey who was far more consistent

Dani has had a number of offs and injuries at critical points in championship campaigns, not least being taken out by Marco Simoncelli at Le Mans in 2011. He has also been suffering from arm pump. The surgeon advised Dani against repeating the surgery he had last year but they repeated it anyway. He is a very determined character and perhaps we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Last edited:
Another metaphorical nail in the coffin of MotoGP?
monopoly2.big.jpg

Monopoly launches MotoGP™ edition

And the FIM Man has something to say about all this negativity:

FIM President Vito Ippolito addresses recent events in an open letter to the MotoGP™ community.

The recent events arising in connection with the competition for the 2015 FIM MotoGP™ world title have had a damaging effect on the staging of our competitions and poisoned the atmosphere around the sport. We are moving away from the tradition of pride in sportsmanship that is part of the heritage of motorcycling.

Everyone has the right to express his or her own ideas. But words and actions always have consequences. Every individual has to take responsibility for those consequences.

The riders, first of all, must be aware of this. Each one of them has thousands of fans who follow their exploits on the track and listen to what they say off the track. For that reason, we look to them, not just in this Championship but in all our disciplines, to set the best example of what our sport should and aspires to be.

This responsibility is also shared by the people who form their entourage, beginning with their teams and sponsors. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the matter, if some of those people unnecessarily fuel polemics about events or decisions in a wrongheaded way, they are doing a great disservice to the sport, to the detriment of our entire community and all the good things it offers to everyone.

Riders, teams, manufacturers and sponsors should not only respect the rules but they should accept the decisions of the officials, whatever they may be. Otherwise, they are contributing to anarchy and undermining the future development of our sport.

On behalf of the FIM and all those who are doing their best to bring about a happy conclusion to this Championship, I express the hope that at the next and final round in Valencia the riders will fight it out on the track and in a way that fully respects the spirit of fair play.

Vito Ippolito

FIM President

That is what I meant that Dani does not have luck when he needs it most

Having said that some people thought he was too small for MotoGP and the tumbles he is taking on his small body don't help

He could be a surprise in 2016 whilst the other 3 are too busy fighting each other

Rivalry is great for Moto GP and not this ferocious since Schwantz vs Rainey. Only issue is Rossi overstepped the mark which borders on what Schumacher would do on 4 wheels

Back
Top Bottom