2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics

soccerman17, absolutely, it was a nail-biting game from the get go. Kudos to the US girls that almost pulled it off. It almost feels like a turning point, for most of pur players it was their last Olympics ... And today the men's team can have their revenge ... Will see how that goes.

REALLY angry and disgusted and disappointed about the way Elise's games have worked out. The judging in speed skating is insane. She was robbed. A real talent that could of had 3 medals but for shitty unfair judging. I smell shit ****ing bull shit. Really feel for her she was so upset. And she is a local lass for me. So unfair.

Greenlantern101 I'm with you all the way on this one. I feel gutted for Elise, penalty for passing on the inside, penalty for getting wiped out by another competitor, penalty for the organisers not putting the pucks to mark the ends of the finishing line....
Okay the 500m may have been 50:50 but the DQ for the 1500m & 1000m just smell more dodgy than Baldricks codpiece.
Elise deserved a medal for facing the media when she was so obviously upset and bemused, four years hard work wiped out because of some officious power hungry man(or woman).
So I thought the Olympics was supposed to encourage people into sport? I wouldn't touch speed skating with a bargepole if that's how it's 'judged'.
I seem to have heard the phrase 'controversial judging' more in these games than in any others.
We may have won more medals than any other Winter Olympics since 1924 but I felt we underachieved, sometimes through our own mistakes (fair enough, it's a huge nerve-wracking event) but sometimes through very iffy decisions made by officials.
I would have loved our curlers to win gold but anyway congratulations to the Men's curling team, Ladies curling team, Jenny & Lizzie for cheering up this soggy isle - we're proud of all our competitors.

And she is a local lass for me. So unfair.
That probably being the reason why you are not very objective on this matter.

She was disqualified rightly. She crossed line, even her trainer admitted to it and numbers of skaters have been disqualified for doing the same mistake over the past years. I believe it was a Dutch skater, who made the same mistake last year and was disqualified.
The accident between her and the south Korean skater was from what I saw her fault too. She touched the south Korean which resulted in both losing their balance, the slightest of touches is enough a those speeds. I am not saying she did it intentionally but you are to avoid contact and she was the skater with the better view on it, so again, it was her mistake.

Anyway. Canada won the ice hockey. Congrats. :1st:

Last edited:
That’s a click-bait headline if I ever saw one. Her crashing out had zero to do with what happened in Sochi.

She got a bad start, was clawing back to third at best and clipped blades with another skater and went down. End of story.

Exactly its newspaper forcing a headline. I was gutted for Elise Christie as it could & maybe shouldve been silver as i disagree with vintly i thought she did well always tough in lane 4 3rd time lucky beat Canadian off the start. Until coming out of bend & the dutch skater basically kicked her hand away, sending her into the barriers. Nothing she could do. But What was irritating was the dutch got penalized in 5000m relay for same thing as on final corner took canadians hand away but in 500m she gets off scot free

Is it just me. who at opening ceremony when koreans came in together got abit emotional. As i thought it was so lovely that they can put stuff behind them & have a truce. Like Nelson Mandela once said "sport has a way to unite people, in a way nothing else can"

& on lighter note like every 4 yrs. Im back obsessed with curling i was watching Switzerland v OAR (Russia) cared who won & Russian women when she let stone go screaming "VEEEEEEPPPP" "VEEEEEEPPPP"

Last edited:
Catching up on overnight on skeleton range of emotions from despair thinking not again miniscule mistake & we going to miss out by 0.02s to delight when Latvian makes huge mistake in space of a minute :3rd:

In 1 of my favourite events snowboard cross. Always full of drama. Lindsay Jacobellis failed again at the 4th attempt to win gold, seemingly still getting punished by Winter Olympic gods for turin 12 yrs ago & I feel for her, because despite all her success as 5x world champion (thanks commentary), she will be forever known as the woman that showboated & chucked away a certain gold. Unless she comes back at 36 in Beijing

You have to admit it was a bloody funny way to lose.

As for these Olympics. I am so bored of them. It may be the time zone and the usual half assed British efforts but I've not got into these in the slightest.

I usually love the Curling but that's on in the middle of the night. The British lady skip shouts "Hard" in a voice so grating that the Ministry of Defence are investigating if it can be used to bring down aircraft but its so absorbing to watch.

oh yeah everyone else it was hilarious & gave 1 of the great sporting commentary lines which helped me on pointless many years later FRIDEEEEEN but I'm glad I'm not her because from her point of view how do you cope coming to terms with that, its 1 thing to have bad luck & not be good enough. but to have it around your neck on the biggest stage of all in front of hundreds of millions worldwide, because of showboating she lost I could never forgive myself

yeah most of the Olympics I'm watched pre recorded from 9:15am show onwards as it as impossible to watch live & if you have a 9-5 job its almost impossible which I don't which helps for this these events. I guess its like Sydney Olympics when that was 11pm - 10am. but there is some good stuff, hopefully the medals are coming we have bronze last night, got 3rd & 4th in womens skeleton & elise Christie in 1500m tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom