Jos' Weather Thread

Well 70% of the races will be dry, so if you get at least a few right I will not be surprised or impressed.

I for one hope it rains either in qualifying or the race.

Or it is the opposite of what Jos says :)

Just a week left...just a week! :)

Ok no Malyasian GP thread so i'll post the weather here:
Friday 0800: Sunny skies (0.3mm) 1100: Sunny skies (0.0mm) 1400: Patchy rain possible (0.7mm) 1700: Patchy rain possible (1.1mm)
Saturday 0200: Patchy rain possible (0.2mm) 0500: Patchy rain possible (0.2mm) 0800: Sunny skies (0.0mm) 1100 Patchy rain possible (0.4mm) 1400: Patchy rain possible (1.8mm) 1700: Patchy rain possible (1.7mm) 2000: Clear skies (0.5mm) 2300: Clear Skies (0.2mm)
Sunday 0200: Patchy rain possible (1.6mm) 0500: Patchy rain possible (1.2mm) 0800 Patchy rain possible (0.3mm) 1100: Patchy Rain Possible (0.4mm) 1400: Moderate or heavy rain showers (2.5mm) 1700: Patchy rain possible (1.1mm)

We are looking for the wet race, actually it's all wet weekend first signs. This is all Malaysia local time, and the race starts at 1600 local time. Wet race, wet qually beware of all predictions! Also it is currently raining there!

At this time of the year Malaysia averages 16 days of rain per month. So the odds are that it will be wet on at least one day of the weekend. Added to that, the rain is more likely to fall late afternoon/early evening, just when the race is taking place.

But then who cares, Bernie certainly doesn't, he probably won't stay for the end of the race anyway. For anyone else the resulting sea of mud creates havoc.

I love a little moisture. As long as there's no monsoon...

If I recall, the Local start time in 2009 was 5PM. Since then its been 4 and we've avoided the heaviest downpours. Hope that trend continues.

For Saturday Quali we could be in for a little bit of rain as there are scattered showers forcast. Its forcast for a tempreture high of 33 Degrees C but as quali is later on in the evening it will probably be neared the tempreture low of 24 Degrees C - you won't need that cardigan though because the humidity will be around 82%. The North Westly wind could get up to 8mph having a slight effect on aerodynamics but making sure that any rain we do have might not stick around for long.

For Sunday race day we are in for much of the same thing with only the likelyhood of scattered showers and lightning which won't last too long as the North Westly wind will have reached a top speed of 10mph. Humidity will have risen to 90% and once again by race time tempretures will have dropped to around 24 degrees C. For those of you interested Precipitation will be at 60% on the day.

Local Sunset time is 7:23pm so with the race starting at 4pm and the only likely stoppage for downpours being short the race should be able to run its full distance no problem without any light issues for the drivers.

In reality what this means is we should expect a lot of talk about rain and lots of looking at radars and satalites and at least one downpour during race or quali with someone being made to look stupid and someone gaining from it big time. Obviously as with all rain we recieve on race day this should result in Jenson Button winning and Brogan pulling his hair out for a fortnight as people declare him the rain master on one hand and others say he's not as good as Lewis in the rain in the other.

If their are any changes to the circumstance I will update you with a detailed forcast - or you could just listen to Jos's ramblings.

Bob, its back to you in the studio.............................

If their are any changes to the circumstance I will update you with a detailed forcast - or you could just listen to Jos's ramblings.

Bob, its back to you in the studio.............................
Now i make it into bitesize chunks so you don't need all day to read, I would have made that so much shorter and we would of seen it and got to the point of, it's going to rain for a bit! I'm exclusive, you're jealous but you could provide detailled back up, I'll be happy for you to do that:chuffed::victory::)

Back
Top Bottom