• Vitantonio Liuzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d’Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I'm is the same position as Chad, I voted for Vettel yesterday and now I don't know why I didn't go for Alonso:s

If it is any consolation Fernando didn't qualify very well and didn't get second place from Mark Webber. Had he qualified better and split the Red Bulls in the race he would have just nosed ahead of Sebastian's epic save of a weekend.

If it is any consolation Fernando didn't qualify very well and didn't get second place from Mark Webber. Had he qualified better and split the Red Bulls in the race he would have just nosed ahead of Sebastian's epic save of a weekend.

Bugger! I'm even more unsure of my original choice now. I'm so confused, I might just change my vote to Kamando Kobalonsuemi.:s

Kobayashi did well to come back from last but I expected more from him with completely fresh tyres. If he had got 7th or 8th then maybe he would have got my vote.
If I can just pip in here with my homerism, I will point out that he got a puncture after tapping Buemi, and subsequently lost 12s as you can see on the FIA Race Lap Analysis. Deducting that 12s from his overall race time would've have got him into 8th. Whether the tap was Kobayashi's or Buemi's fault, I haven't quite figured out, but needless to say, an even more impressive performance could've been on the cards.

Having said that though, Buemi's drive is still arguably better purely down to the speculation that it's probably not as quick a car as the Sauber over a race distance.

If I can just pip in here with my homerism, I will point out that he got a puncture after tapping Buemi, and subsequently lost 12s as you can see on the FIA Race Lap Analysis. Deducting that 12s from his overall race time would've have got him into 8th. Whether the tap was Kobayashi's or Buemi's fault, I haven't quite figured out, but needless to say, an even more impressive performance could've been on the cards.

Having said that though, Buemi's drive is still arguably better purely down to the speculation that it's probably not as quick a car as the Sauber over a race distance.

This is a problem with all these damn overtakes, normally someone who received a puncture would get some TV time but due to the amount of overtaking most minor problems are getting pushed to the side.

Was Buemi's drop from 7th to 9th caused by the same incident? If so I'll keep my vote as it is but I don't think we can change it anyway with the new system.

Was Buemi's drop from 7th to 9th caused by the same incident? If so I'll keep my vote as it is but I don't think we can change it anyway with the new system.
No, from the Toro Rosso website :

"In an action-packed race, he was gradually closed down by the two Renaults, with Heidfeld passing him with four laps to go and Petrov getting past on the very last of the 58 laps. Our Swiss driver did what he could but he could hardly hold the steering wheel, so bad were the vibrations coming through his tyres and his two opponents had much fresher rubber, after opting for a four stop strategy compared to Buemi’s three stopper."

Had Buemi defended from Petrov with Vitaly's own "imaginative" defensive manouvers I am certain neither would see the checked flag.

Hey!!! I got a new brain at the office. I've made my mind up! Gone for Kamui. Was tempted to go for the obvious but:

Vettel does have one of the best two cars in the field and although entertaining I think Jenson and Lewis battling screwed any chance of them keeping him honest. Fernando did what he should be doing as a two times WDC in a Ferrari. Kamui did what you don't expect anyone to do with a Sauber.

Sorry I took so long but so many good arguments made here on CTA it really made me think. Hope that's an acceptable decision.:)

Vettels car advantage makes it hard to place him above others in lowly cars

Buemi for me shades it, on a 3 stop strategy which was a slight handicap, and starting 17th he finished 10 seconds behind the Mclaren of Button on the same strategy

This is an astonishing feat and marks him as a very special driver, Koba was also strong but for me Buemi did best pound for pound

Yes he as....that is the reason why I gave him the driver of the weekend. How the commentators didn't pick up on this, but picked up on Kobayashi puzzles me...

Back
Top Bottom