Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vitantonio Liuzzi

• Timo Glock

• Jerome d’Ambrosio

• Total voters
I was actually agreeing with you that he raced well, but that it just wasn't enough for me with other performances, possibly in line with the idea of debate around which was the better performance. I'm not worried about defending my opinion due to you saying yours, but offering a different one, if we didnt discuss the performances we would just have a series of statements from each person.

Because Heidfeld was in the fourth quickest car, he didn't have to focus on tyre preservation through the race and could go flat out for most of the 66 laps. Drives from the back aren't that difficult in 2011 F1 if you are in a Mclaren, Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes/Rosberg or Renault........ If it was why have we seen it happen 3 times in 5 races. And with 90 overtakes, most of which in the midfield, it can't have been that hard for Heidfeld to overtake and actually F1 isnt IF spelled backwards it's 1F.

I would say 5th fastest, impressive feat in a track where overtaking is hard, and the midfield scrap was really 'scrappy' last weekend

I know what you mean sly, but as the overtaking stats show, overtaking in midfield wasn't that hard

I know what you mean sly, but as the overtaking stats show, overtaking in midfield wasn't that hard

I beg to differ, most of those guys in the midfield are driving for their lives some are rookies some are just trying to hang in there, and then there's also mad man Kobayashi to be concerned about

The overtaking there must have not been hard if there were around 90 overtaking maneuverers

That's at the front, as already stated, 80% of overtakes were in the middle to lower regions of the field

That's at the front, as already stated, 80% of overtakes were in the middle to lower regions of the field

Doesn't mean overtaking at the midfield was "easier".

Shame how we never saw many midfield battles on tv if 80% of overrtakes happened there.

Blame the TV directors for that, the footage is available on this site though with the breakdown of overtakes.

I've finally decided to vote and it's for Heidfeld.

It wasn't his fault his car caught fire* and missed qualifying. He then put in a splendid fight from the back. Yes, you may argue he had the tyres, but he still had to put them to good use. So Heidfeld it is. :yes:

*At least I don't think it was, unless someone has pictures of Nick with matches to hand...:unsure:

I'm split between Vettel/Hamilton - Vettel for not making a mistake, and Hamilton for not giving up. I can't help but think that if the DRS had been more 'favourable' at this circuit Hamilton would have shot past with ease but it is what it is.

Honourable mentions for Webber beating Vettel to pole, Alonso taking first off of the line and holding it for quite some time, and Heidfeld / Kobayashi for working their way from the back into the points.

Back
Top Bottom