Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Hamilton.
It's always nice to see a driver giving it all, but this time he was to frustrated and to aggressive.
And it's a real shame he knocked Maldonado of.

After much thought I went for Hamilton. I love the guy's driving style and his competitiveness, he's fantastic to watch, and out of the car he's interesting and entertaining, but he does seem to be another of the current driver breed that thinks any overlap means that the driver in front isn't entitled to turn in. I appreciate all the arguments above, but frankly I don't care for them. If you are the guy behind then it is your job not to hit the guy in front, period, full stop, end of, etc. Unless you are genuinely side by side as you get to the turn-in point then the trailing driver yields. Demanding that a leading driver make room for a trailing driver to sling one up the inside has its logical conclusion at the point where even a hair of overlap between the cars means the driver on the outside has to allow the inside driver to pass.

As far as Hamilton's efforts this last race go, when Massa started to turn in for the hairpin Lewis's front wheel wasn't even level with Massa's rear! That just isn't a tenable overtaking position and Lewis should have backed off. Maldonado was a little less cut and dried, but even here Lewis only just had the wheels overlapped, he certainly was nowhere near getting alongside, and Maldonado had to turn in for the corner some time. At those speeds and in Monaco especially there isn't the option of varying your line and running wide. With the amount of marbles on the circuit and the narrowness of the exit to Ste. Devote, Lewis was actually demanding that Maldonado put himself into the barriers to allow him past. Those incidents were bad enough, but his post-race comments were atrocious. Funnily enough, this race actually seemed to have a very even level of steward decision making, with similar offences attracting similar punishments throughout the field. For Lewis to accuse the stewards of intentional bias was extremely unfair, especially considering that the driver representative has been different every time. It does seem with Lewis that the more at fault he is, the more he attacks the other driver, the stewards, life, the universe... I want, really badly, to like Hamilton, as I think he is a superb talent and one of the best drivers we've ever seen in a Formula One car. However, in terms of his behaviour, he's sliding more and more toward the Schumacher/Senna end of my own theoretical 'Git Scale'.

Not just Chump of the Weekend, for me this 'performance' is in the running for Chump of the Year.

I've voted for Hamilton but not for his race performance. His "chumpiness" stems from not finding his voice in Q3 and telling the team he wanted to go out early and set a time. From this all the other problems followed and it is a chump of the weekend after all.

As a Hamilton fan it pains me to vote for him but he was a bit of a chump. I don't blame him entirely for the Massa or the Maldonado contact, it's certainly not the first time Massa has done this, he's very good at it.

I think Pyrope has posted the most lucid and well thought out arguements I have seen so far for CotW for any race; and particularly Hamilton's performance at Monaco.

The most unpleasant side of voting for Hamilton has to be acknowledging that despite being one of the most talented and entertaining drivers behind the wheel he seems incapable of taking responsibility for his actions and in so doing demeans so many of his achievements.

Sorry if this seems too broad brush but it's getting late and I have to get home to my daughter...

Hopefully with this vote the constant claims of us being a Hamilton fan site will finally be put to rest ;)

Unfortunately not much can be done about vote spoiling.

Clicking on the number of votes will show who voted for each option though.

I do feel that there has been some flack going Alguersuari's way that he doesn't really deserve.

Sutil cut the chicane then the next thing was that Alguersuari ran into the back of Hamilton on the exit. Having replayed it in slow motion it looked to me as though Hamilton saw what Sutil had done the cut and as a result didn't hit the gas as fast as those behind him did, in order to avoid an accident with Sutil.

If it was anyone's fault it was Sutil, it certainly wasn't Hamilton's, to me it just looked like a genuine racing incident.

To quote Martin Brundle, "it's always someone else's fault with Lewis, isn't it?"

I'd like him to qualify that statement, Lewis usually says nothing, takes a load of flack , goes for it & gets mashed.
Monaco, is like a giant scalextric course, Lewis was the only driver to put you on the edge of your seat. He tried for a pass & Massa had the choice of whether to turn in on him or not,,,, & Maldanado the same.
Lewis didn't run into Schumi & visa versa, aware & experienced racecraft.
I have sent mails into BBC F1 asking MB & DC to pretend its Jenson, Seb or Webber, when they are speaking about Lewis... would it then be different?
I'd like to see Lewis....do his talking track & not giving journos like Mckensie.....a pound of flesh

I'd like him to qualify that statement, Lewis usually says nothing, takes a load of flack , goes for it & gets mashed.
Monaco, is like a giant scalextric course, Lewis was the only driver to put you on the edge of your seat. He tried for a pass & Massa had the choice of whether to turn in on him or not,,,, & Maldanado the same.
Lewis didn't run into Schumi & visa versa, aware & experienced racecraft.
I have sent mails into BBC F1 asking MB & DC to pretend its Jenson, Seb or Webber, when they are speaking about Lewis... would it then be different?
I'd like to see Lewis....do his talking track & not giving journos like Mckensie.....a pound of flesh

It was interesting that in their commentary on the Maldonado?Hamilton incident, whilst watching a brief replay of literally just the few moments of the colllision and it's aftermath MB and DC immediately drew the conclusion that it was Hamilton's fault. Interesting also is MB's backtracking now that he has seen the build up to the attempted overtake. It is an illustration of the way a replay can be somewhat like a statement. It really does need to be taken in the context of the whole discourse.

Yes, sutil hit the wall at Tabac which removed his right rear tyre from the wheel rim.

It all kicked off from that.

Yes, but looking further back, was Sutils tyre going from when Kobi decided to rear-end him? If so, you could always blame Kobi.

I blame Petrov for trying to push Hamilton into the wall and then losing speed, therefore letting Alguesari (who knows if I got it right and who cares) make an opportunistic dive into the chicane at a much narrower angle than a driver would normally take. Perhaps Alguesari hadn't spotted Sutil at that point due to the chaos before that point..

I haven't watched a replay, this is what I remember of the incident and only saw it on the day, but please prove my memory wrong.. :)

Yes, but looking further back, was Sutils tyre going from when Kobi decided to rear-end him? If so, you could always blame Kobi.

I blame Petrov for trying to push Hamilton into the wall and then losing speed, therefore letting Alguesari (who knows if I got it right and who cares) make an opportunistic dive into the chicane at a much narrower angle than a driver would normally take. Perhaps Alguesari hadn't spotted Sutil at that point due to the chaos before that point..

I haven't watched a replay, this is what I remember of the incident and only saw it on the day, but please prove my memory wrong.. :)

I think you are forgetting Alguersuari was a lap down compared to these guys so he didn't have much of a right to dive into a chicane like that, anyway an incident like this was going to happen, I have said it multiple times now, with 10 cars following each other in Monaco 3 of them being leaders, and incident was bound to happen.

Who was to blame? Don't think you can really blame anyone for that matter...

Who was to blame? Don't think you can really blame anyone for that matter...

... and this I feel is the knub of the matter. We, in the UK at least, seem to live in a "Blame Culture". Intolerant of human error and imperfection. Perfection is a god-like state and, seemingly, the only way to be "in that state of perfection" is to sit in the Lotus position, legs crossed, contemplating ones navel. That way one can escape the tedium of doing things and things wrong. The problem is that that doesn't work since to do it properly one would need to starve to death.:thumbsup::bored::victory:

... and this I feel is the knub of the matter. We, in the UK at least, seem to live in a "Blame Culture". Intolerant of human error and imperfection. Perfection is a god-like state and, seemingly, the only way to be "in that state of perfection" is to sit in the Lotus position, legs crossed, contemplating ones navel. That way one can escape the tedium of doing things and things wrong. The problem is that that doesn't work since to do it properly one would need to starve to death.:thumbsup::bored::victory:

I am in the UK does that make me one of a kind? :D

:thumbsup::bored:

Again II haven't voted for anyone, as I don't really like this thread's idea to be honest.
Why are always people looking for a chump at all?
They're all out there trying for the same thing aren't they?
Sometimes they get it wrong, some other times they get it very wrong indeed. Doen't make them a chump though. Merely faillible, like they all are.

Back
Top Bottom