Le Mans 2011 Le Mans 24 Hours

wow what a 24 hours *exhales in relief*

Man about 100 emotions when through mu body through that race, And im just waching, how it must feel for Lotterer and co.

Sometimes For the better and sometimes for the worse that was ONE HELL of a race

Found this picture of Galahad...

sleep.jpg

LMP1: Audi Sport Team Joest : 355 laps, Lotterer, Fassler, Treluyer
LMP2: Greaves Motorsport: 326 laps, Lombard, Kimber-Smith, Ojjeh
GTEPRO: Corvette Racing: 314 laps, Garcia, Milner, Beretta
GTEAm: Labre Competition: 302 laps, Gardel, Canal, Bornhauser

Watched the race on board car 2 afer Rocky's crash on the PC (sorry couldn't participate on the forum but would have slowed down my bitrate) with Eurosport on the Telly. Lots of incidents seen form the car - Eurosport managed to miss most of them by cutting to adverts or the world feed cutting to bloomin' interviews! Best Le Mans I've seen for donkey's years.

Not really wanting to sully the memory of a great event but some of the Pug's team tactics were a disgrace and Marc Gene has plummeted to new depths in my estimation. How close were we to seeing the third Audi being involved in another horror crash? Does not bear thinking about.

Audi car 2 - Heroic drives and pitwork by the whole crew. Congratulations :goodday:

Great race. I thought the Audi drivers did a stellar job, carrying the weight of the teams entire hopes for most of the race. Reminded me of the 1967 race, when most of the Ford team was eliminated in a single mass accident, leaving Gurney and Foyt to carry the teams aspirations all by themselves for most of the race.

I thought the late-race antics of the Pug drivers were disgraceful.

Lets stick with the postives eh? I think the pug antics (well the 1 car to be precise) will be dissucced over and over again in the next few weeks

What a drive from the Greaves Motorsport espically from Tom-Kimber-Smith, who would of thought that team would win LMP2 today. There car from 2007 too lol

Congrats to Ulrich and his Audi team, what a win in the face of bad luck on track with two of their cars, very unsporting tactics from one of their competitors and a biased race control!

What an amazing race. I couldn't watch the whole thing, but every time I came back to the TV something had changed. So glad Audi won. Even with half an hour or so to go, I didn't think they were going to.

There was an interesting and heartwarming post-script to this year's LeMans 24...........

Speed Channel: LeMans--Robertson's Dream Podium Debut
Normally one of the clear underdogs' in ALMS competition, Robertson Racing made it through their maiden LeMans 24 in the GTE-Am class, placing their Doran-built Ford GT on the podium.

Now why is this heart-warming, you might ask? 2 reasons...........
(1)by finishing 3rd in GTE-Am, Robertson Racing driver Andrea Robinson became the first woman to make a LeMans podium since 1931
(2)the weekend of this year's LeMans 24 was also David & Andrea Robertson's wedding anniversary......

Ironically, the car that they, along with veteran pilot David Murry, were the Georgia based team's "B team"; their plans were to run a Ford GT in both the GTE-Pro and GTE-Am categories(unfortunately, their Pro entry was the first reserve entry and did not make this year's 24 grid).

1079013_article_img_large2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom