• Daniel Ricciardo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still out-qualified by a rookie who has come into a team half-way through the year. Great effort doesn't come into it, it wasn't really anything special and I don't know the exact amount of time but I don't think beat his team-mate by a lot in the race, but don't get me wrong I thought this was a good performance, just not great. Also does anyone know which HRT spun Trulli out?

I think it's unfair to give acclaim to Karthikeyan like this (as seen by Eddie Jordan) but then hardly anyone mentioned Liuzzi in Canada when he finished 13th, four places ahead of Karthikeyan in this instance.

Still out-qualified by a rookie who has come into a team half-way through the year. Great effort doesn't come into it, it wasn't really anything special and I don't know the exact amount of time but I don't think beat his team-mate by a lot in the race, but don't get me wrong I thought this was a good performance, just not great. Also does anyone know which HRT spun Trulli out?

I think it's unfair to give acclaim to Karthikeyan like this (as seen by Eddie Jordan) but then hardly anyone mentioned Liuzzi in Canada when he finished 13th, four places ahead of Karthikeyan in this instance.

Karthikeyan is effectively a rookie himself since he's been out of the sport since 2005, he had damaged his front wing after he tagged Trulli. So for Karthikeyan standards it is quite a great effort as he is always in the shade of his team-mate ever since he's been in F1.

I have praised Liuzzi for his performances, and think he's got unfairly criticised ever since he's had Ricciardo as his team-mate since he's had more mechanical failures and bad luck. :)

Why has Alonso got only a single vote so far?? Its not often that someone driving the best car is beaten by someone driving the 3rd best car!!! Honourable mentions to Schu,Button and Alguersuari for me. And SebVet?? Who's that??

Why has Alonso got only a single vote so far?? Its not often that someone driving the best car is beaten by someone driving the 3rd best car!!! Honourable mentions to Schu,Button and Alguersuari for me. And SebVet?? Who's that??

Vettel achieved the Grand Chelem, Button had a better start, Alonso put in a great performance but I would put those two ahead, along with Schumacher. Why Hamilton has a vote is beyond me...

There is one reason only why Karthikeyan is driving this year and today was it.
His F1 points came from Indy 05, when he was Williams test driver the car was shit and stayed shit, I wonder how much is paid for him to drive.

Agree with Brogan,maybe Alo didnt have a good start,but come on,he did decisively beat someone driving one of the two fastest cars!!! Button had a pretty poor qualifying,there's no reason why he should have more votes than Alonso. The McLaren has been better than the Ferrari all season. He pulled off a nice pass on Webber,but that was pretty much it. MSC had a great race, true,but again,couldnt make Q3.

The same could be said for Button considering it is driver of the weekend and he was out qualified by his team mate.

Still, logic or reason has never been a mainstay of the DotW vote, some members preferring instead to vote for their favourite driver, no matter what.

True that, but you can argue for Button that his qualifying lap was very much compromised by the Massa incident.

I have to say that I can never bring myself to vote for Vettel in DotW polls - he is essentially doing his job brilliantly - take the fastest car, take pole position, win the race.... It just all seems too easy for him for him to be named driver of the weekend.....

Mind, in terms of driver of the season, he would walk it no problems!

Given Vettel's performances relative to his teammate, who is no mug, whatever others may say, I am starting to wonder whether the car is a dominant as some like to claim. I doubt there has been much in the way of development on it for a while, yet Vettel still runs off into the distance. I think a lot of the dominance comes down to Vettel himself.

Vettel's qualifying lap alone was something special, hit all the apex's, a joy to watch. Then acheived the "Grand Chelem" and that is very hard to achieve.

Button again second, good drive from him dispatched Webber early one, getting his head down and doing the best he can.

Alonso, the same as Button getting his head down, getting the maximum result he can, got past Webber who was in a better car.

Schumacher, started 11th, had a great start, he mentioned he didn't use his KERS at the start but saved it for the straights that impressed me, got ahead of Rosberg and gets 5th again.

Karthikeyan is worth a mention, his qualifying was really good, very close to Ricciardo in qualifying and in the race, also had damage to his car after contact with Trulli.

It is between Vettel, Schumacher and Karthikeyan for me, but since Karthikeyan still has a habit of ignoring blue flags and got a grid drop he gets ruled out, Schumacher didn't qualify well but Mercedes stated they had a problem, nevertheless he still didn't get into the top 10.

Has to go to Vettel, simply faultless
Not much more to add ..... Vettel for me, as well, this weekend.
In the top 2 every practice and then quali-ed and raced to perfection. :1st:

Back
Top Bottom