• Vitantonio Liuzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just because you have the best machine doesn't mean you win, so the skill factor is immense, though sadly if that be the case he would win handsdown for all but 14 points this season. (be the driver of the weekend)

I'll go for Jaime Alguersuari, he drove a great race to come up from 18th to 8th in a car that doesn't have much to offer. Good drive from Alonso for splitting the Red Bulls, and fair play to Lewis for getting ahead of Massa despite Ferrari having the stronger car yesterday. Wasn't a race to shout about though really, although we have been particularly spoiled this year, apart from Vettel winning most of them

I voted for Alonso.
It was very close with Seb and if i could i would've picked them both, but Alonso drove a great race against Webber.

If RoB can vote for Jenson, then surely I can vote for Lewis - for beating him by a healthy margin in qualifying and the race, and managing to get back in front (and stay in front) of one of the clearly faster Ferraris, after it had passed him into turn one. :whistle:

Mine went to Alonso for his overall weekend performance - up there with the RBRs in all three practise sessions, as close as he could get in Quali when the RBRs always perform (in Q3) to their full potential and, in the race, he managed to hang on to a leader who was clearly having an easier afternoon.

The first part of P3 on the primes was so telling of that - Alonso was driving the Ferrari to it's limit, and a couple of times almost over it, to set decent times - then Vettel came out and threw in a first timed lap 0.8sec faster and then rubbed it in with 2 or 3 more that were almost as fast ..... when they went onto primes it was similar, with the difference a bit less.
(BTW, I'm quoting from memory so don't shoot me down if I'm out by a tenth here or there :D)

I can see why other votes have gone with Alguersuari (good race result from a lowly grid place) but he was beaten by team-mate Buemi in P2, P3 and Quali despite Buemi having to sit out P1 being replaced by Ricciardo - DotW not Dot-Race!

Vettel had a very good weekend overall (pole, win, fastest lap) and if he'd pushed the RBR in the race, won by 45 seconds and lapped everybody up to 4th/5th he might have edged it - DotW not Result-otW!

My vote to Alonso. OK, the qualifying was not the best possible, but at least it was much better than Alguersuari's. And this is question about driver of the weekend, not driver of the race where I would give my vote to Jaime.

Alonso, Alguersuari and Massa did really well. I also think young Perez had a good showing first race back since Catalunya.

How did Massa do well, he was behind his team-mate the whole weekend. Just because we have become accustomed to his mediocracy it doesn't mean when he has an ok weekend that he did really well, to me at least.

How did Massa do well, he was behind his team-mate the whole weekend. Just because we have become accustomed to his mediocracy it doesn't mean when he has an ok weekend that he did really well, to me at least.

The mistake was made leaving him out 2-3 laps to long on the first stint, if they reacted sooner he may have had a chance to finish 4th maybe even pressure Mark Webber, In general Massa's performances have been better, while not stellar.

Mediocracy where the team always mess him up one way or another? Granted in Spain he was "mediocre", but if you analyse his races (which I have to do for every driver for an analysis for every race for a website) you see that he is either there abouts with Alonso or faster, unfortunately for him, the team give him the wrong strategy and every race so far have at least messed up one pit stop for the guy.

Mediocracy where the team always mess him up one way or another? Granted in Spain he was "mediocre", but if you analyse his races (which I have to do for every driver for an analysis for every race for a website) you see that he is either there abouts with Alonso or faster, unfortunately for him, the team give him the wrong strategy and every race so far have at least messed up one pit stop for the guy.

You have to ask why the the team screw him over, and ultimately you would have to say it's because he simply isn't fast enough.

That's funny you (sly) should say that, because come to think of it Ferrari over the past few years haven't exactly covered themselves in glory when it comes to race strategy have they?

When it rains they consistantly seem to have their drivers on the wrong tyre at the wrong time?...

You have to ask why the the team screw him over, and ultimately you would have to say it's because he simply isn't fast enough.

So the team screw him over because he isn't "fast enough" surely it's the other way round? You screw a driver because he is doing a good job....

So the team screw him over because he isn't "fast enough" surely it's the other way round? You screw a driver because he is doing a good job....

They're not really screwing him just giving Alonso every advantage, and if that impeeds Massa then tough luck.

Back
Top Bottom