Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nick for the weekend.
Button for the race (although I hate to say it).
Can't pick on rookies after 3 races... we're all allowed mistakes and they can't learn F1 race craft / car limits with the current limitations on driving time. Having said that, Pastor and others will need to sharpen up over the next 5 - 6 races.

Perez was clumsy but I don't think he quite deserves it - given he's a rookie, although it was an odd turn of behaviour having seen his first two races where he was the complete opposite of clumsy.

Maldonado deserves a slap for being behind Kovalainen but that Williams is a disgrace, and he's still a rookie.

Buemi was quite poor too, on reflection. Losing 5 places when your seat is getting hot is not the way to perform, particularly under the gaze of Franz "I want a new toy" Tost.. It would have been interesting to see where Alguesuari ended up if he didn't have that wheel come off - I can't remember where he was before and after he came into the pits.

Heidfeld is another serious candidate having binned it twice in practice, but I think he was unlucky to have his teammate scupper his Q2 attempt. Still, he didn't get himself very far up the field and that is disappointing.

Alonso was poor too, almost out qualified by his teammate, and certainly out raced by him.

My chump of the weekend, however, is none other than Timo Glock. He was out qualified by D'Ambrosio, and then finished behind his Belgian teammate in the race. Even accounting for an extra pit stop, Glock still would have finished around 6-7 seconds behind D'Ambrosio, which quite frankly, should never happen to a driver as rounded as Glock. I'm sure he has already started to wonder how far his F1 career will go, and if it is already over. Last year he seemed to be putting up with the uncompetitiveness of the car in the hope that this year things would improve, they haven't, if anything, the Hispanias are starting to close in. A really fine driver I feel, perhaps losing his motivation, completely going to waste.

Looking at the votes how on Earth did anyone think D'Ambrosio was the chump?

I've gone for Alonso - much to my chagrin - for a man of his talent and ability, it was an abysmal showing.

Hmmm, tricky.
Heidfeld lost it twice at the same point on the circuit, maybe because he was testing the limits? He mistimed his qual and got caught out by the red flag, that can't be his fault.
Button parked it in the wrong garage - my wife won't let me do that - so for that reason he's the chump.
:snigger:

Appalling weekend from "Quick Nick"

I probably would have voted for Button yesterday, but now that I know it was his botched pit stop that probably forced McLaren into a 3-stop strategy, I simply cannot vote him as my Chump. In fact, Thanks Jense!

Perez was the chump and he is my absolute favorite of the rookies (and some of the rest of the grid besides). I have an eye on him to be among the top drivers one day, but this last race was a rookie mess fest for him. Still I'm 100% behind the dude and expect great things to come. This season I expect bumbs and lumps, so his faux pau was expected and cool...

Perez was the chump and he is my absolute favorite of the rookies (and some of the rest of the grid besides). I have an eye on him to be among the top drivers one day, but this last race was a rookie mess fest for him. Still I'm 100% behind the dude and expect great things to come. This season I expect bumbs and lumps, so his faux pau was expected and cool...

I agree. It's easier to make a quick driver consistent than a consistent driver quick! Even the reigning world champion did some pretty stupid things in his first season.

Back
Top Bottom