• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Button because he won after using skill and LUCK to dodge bullets all afternoon. His car had a charmed life too, which helped considerably.

My philosophy - "Avoid the Flak and keep the Fighters off your tail".

Well done Jenson...

Schumacher. He kept relatively quiet, no (real) incidents and took every opportunity cleanly as it arose in incredibly difficult circumstances. Like Chad I am shocked at how much I wanted to see him on the podium. What a shame.

I really felt for him in the last 4 odd laps, the Petronas was largely an inferior car, yet the old man almost hold out, you could see the tension in his wifes expressions, I at one point thought he may just sneek a podium.

I was torn between schumi and Jenson, but went for Jenson in the end, as he did what many have been saying he should have been doing for a while. He was aggresive, and he went for it.

I know there are many who see this in a different light, but the real beef there I feel is with the stewards, more than the drivers.

Also, following the safety car for the alonso incident, he was superb, from last to first, albeit with another safety car to close things up.

Halfway through the race he was nailed on for chump but I find it hard to award the chump to the race winner.

I usually go for the driver that makes me jump out of my seat and cheer most but today its a tie between Button and Schumi! Can I give half a vote to each?

To be honest, I generally work on a process of elimination. I think I've eliminated every driver in the field for some reason or another.

However, with Button deserving of a DotW vote on most weekends, he was outperformed by the man who's finally shown why he took 7 World Titles. It has to be Michael Schumacher.

It has to be Button... 5 pit stops and 1 drive through in a car that wasn't best set up for qualifying well. Then hauled it from 21 to a win. For me its a no-brainer but all credit to Schumacher and Webber.

Finally all credit to all the teams for providing one of the most seat-of-your pants races we've seen for some time.
There may be arguements about DRS etc but this season has been great to watch so far...

Schumi for me, drove to team requirements during practise - at least I hope he and Nico were doing useful things slowly in P2.

Qualified as good as he can at the moment, and not far off Rosberg, but raced in the form of old for most of Sunday.

Excellently put manners on held off Hamilton early on and was really good after the red flag break ..... maybe that's what he needs, a little nap midway through the race to re-charge those old batteries. LOL

I'm assuming that Ross Brawn was integral in getting the strategy right, but the old boy deserves it this week, IMHO.

With 28 laps to go in 21st and last place, driving like a man possessed, overtaking everyone even without DRS, having complete and utter confidence in his car, and taking a spectacular victory - it's got to be Jenson for me. Yes, he had a coming together with Lewis but the visibility was next to nil in those conditions. Also, with Fernando but he was ahead at the corner and Alonso outbraked (is that even a word?!) himself and I doubt he would have made turn 4 - in my opinion anyway.

Had it not been for Button I would have been compelled to vote Schumi - an outstanding drive from a man under so much pressure at the moment and my heart almost sank when he just missed a podium.

Tough call between Schumacher and Button, but to streak through the field from 21st to win just shows what he would definitely have done in Monaco if not for the red flag there*. Button gets my vote.
*One for Ray there!

Back
Top Bottom