• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Although I was impressed with Schumi & Webber, it has to go to Jenson - to have been in last place earlier in the race, serve a drive-through & survive 2 contacts & then pressure the unstoppable force that is Vettel/Red Bull into an error on the last lap - that's up there with some of the very best race performances I've ever seen. I've cracked open a fresh pot of Marmite to celebrate...

...hmm, Marmite!

There's still far too much to digest and decisions still to be made before I can make a conclusion. Replay needed I think!

Schumacher gets my vote. Narrowly missed out on a podium in only the 4th fastest car in the grid and the first time he's had a sniff of a trophy since his comeback. Today was the first time I think I've ever actively been willing him on.

Although I was impressed with Schumi & Webber, it has to go to Jenson - to have been in last place earlier in the race, serve a drive-through & survive 2 contacts & then pressure the unstoppable force that is Vettel/Red Bull into an error on the last lap - that's up there with some of the very best race performances I've ever seen. I've cracked open a fresh pot of Marmite to celebrate...

...hmm, Marmite!

I agree with this* and I voted for Jenson. A superb race!

*(apart from the Marmite bit, cos I hates it, I does!)

I give it to Schumacher, he definitely outperformed the car and Rosberg, he definitely deserved a podium, but he became a victim of that horrible too called "DRS" he was catching Vettel, he as the man on the move throughout the grand prix, Button and Webber came into play only a while after. He was setting fastest laps constantly in a slower car compared to the guys that finished infront. Also made a great oppurtunistic move on Massa and Kobayashi.

Why haven't I given it to Button? He drove great I have to say, but the safety car helped by staying extra 3-5 laps everytime, he got involved in a fair few incidents, he had the fastest car, he got the victory gifted to him by Vettel in the end. He drove a great race for the second half, but a lot in my opinion was down to luck.

Latest twitter reports say no action to be taken for the incidents. I'll update when I see official news.

Button has to get it for bringing home the McLaren after it was looking like a disastrous weekend for them. And my mrs is a huge Jenson fan and so she's decided this one for me.

I'm going to stun myself, considering how intensely I have disliked the guy's racing ethics for many years, and how much I have revelled in his underwhelming 'comeback'.
Yes, my driver of the weekend is Michael Schumacher.
There, I said it! I have to go lie down in a darkened room now.

That's disappointing, but entirely expected.

I could understand "inconsistent" and would indeed agree, however, I would not have been disappointed had Lewis not been penalised at all in monaco, and I am not disappointed in todays outcome.

I think it's fair to say that was Schumacher's best race since he came back, hopefully it can give him a kick start that he badly needs

Before I go lie down, I'll just add this. Don't forget folks, as well as profiting from his two collisions, Button benefited greatly from the late safety car, having been some way back from the leaders. Schumacher, however, was in contention on merit and was if anything disadvantaged by the safety car.

You just said what I meant to say in much better words :thumbsup:

Also I would like to add, my driver of the day, has to be............ Bernd Mayländer, this man in the slowest car in the field, lead the pack for many laps time after time, he lead the second highest number of laps led, and until today's race was 6th in this year's overall race-leaders standings among drivers during races. He's certainly earned his money today - he barely had time for a P & T stop this afternoon, and after today is up to no.2 in the lap leader standings

Therefore he is my driver of the weekend

I'm going to stun myself, considering how intensely I have disliked the guy's racing ethics for many years, and how much I have revelled in his underwhelming 'comeback'.
Yes, my driver of the weekend is Michael Schumacher.
Took the words right out of my mouth! Credit where it is due...

Back
Top Bottom