• Hulkenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kobayashi

• Trulli

• Total voters
cider_and_toast said:
:o Who voted Robert Kubica Chump of the weekend ???

That's got to be some mistake surely.

Whoever that was, justify yourself >:(
Who cares? I'd rather hear from the other TWO people who voted for Hamilton instead of taking all the flak myself.

I went for Schumacher, on the grounds it took him about 50 laps to get past the Torro Rosso of Jaime cantspellhissurname.

Weber's the most popular? Both Weber and Hamilton were awesome. They truly made the race exciting for me and made it worth staying up at 3am in the morning to watch the race. :D

I think the true chump here is Alonso for getting Michael all messed up on the first corner. Then again, I'm not sure if it was his fault or if he had no option but to run into him. Already having a horrible car, things couldn't have gone worse for Michael. I truly thought he had some major potential of scoring big.. but ah well.. that's racing I suppose!

It was also great to see him getting back up the field and kind of embarrassing to watch Timo overtake him lol. Us Schumi fans are having a hard time digesting this... but here's to hoping!

Welcome to the site Desmond

I did see an overhead shot that showed perhaps Alonso had nowhere to go as he was being squeezed on the outside but it wasn't that clear.

I agree Mark made it an exciting race but he was perhaps a bit over-exuberant.

Here's hoping Malaysia is also wet, just not as wet as last year...

Hi Desmond

I think Michael put the squeeze on Fernando and left him no option than to put the squeeze on Jenson. Having run out of room for manuvre he bounced off Jens and reconnected with Michael. I wouldn't want to blame any one but it seemed to me that Michael actually had options that niether Jenson or Fernando were afforded by Michael's tight line and ambitions for turn one.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

I saw one of the analysis threads being posted on BBC's 606 and after reading a couple of threads and admiring the quality of the discussion here, I couldn't help but register.

As for Malaysia, I agree. I also think Bahrain should be eliminated as the opening race as the venue is very boring. Nothing exciting about the desert! But I suppose Bernie doesn't mind extra monies..

Desmond said:
I saw one of the analysis threads being posted on BBC's 606 and after reading a couple of threads and admiring the quality of the discussion here, I couldn't help but register.
Thanks, glad to have you here.

Tell your friends :D

snowy said:
I think Michael put the squeeze on Fernando and left him no option than to put the squeeze on Jenson. Having run out of room for manuvre he bounced off Jens and reconnected with Michael. I wouldn't want to blame any one but it seemed to me that Michael actually had options that niether Jenson or Fernando were afforded by Michael's tight line and ambitions for turn one.
Given Michael's history and nature of driving, I would say that's a reasonable viewpoint but I disagree here. If looked closer, Button accelerated a bit too much into Alonso, even when he had room to play it safe and have the inside of Kubica. And this was all done before Michael could even make the turn, so while you may see a little squeezing on Michael's end, he pretty much had no choice because Fernando was already flying into him.

Pretty reckless on Button's end, no? In any case, I suppose this was just another being at the right place and at the wrong time scenario.

By the way, I have to say that the Brits have some awesome commentary going on, whereas it's a snooze fest here in the US... with the occasional David Hobbs making fun of Weber's accent.

snowy said:
But not your girlfriends, we don't want any cat fights... :thinking: or do we!? ;)
Ah, but the only woman I know that's interested in F1, unfortunately, is my mom. We don't want that.. do we?! unless some of you are into women in their 60s. She's single, so just let me know. LOL

Desmond said:
By the way, I have to say that the Brits have some awesome commentary going on
Have you heard Jonathan Legard on the BBC? :o :D
He's not that well thought of but hopefully he will improve.

snowy said:
Ah, but the only woman I know that's interested in F1, unfortunately, is my mom. We don't want that.. do we?! unless some of you are into women in their 60s. She's single, so just let me know. LOL
Some of us aren't far off that age LOL

Edit: Watching that video frame by frame, looks to me like Schumi was the innocent party in that incident.

slickskid said:
Brogan said:
Here's hoping Malaysia is also wet, just not as wet as last year...

ermm don't want to alarm you but the forecast for practice friday is.. stormy!!

The forecasts I saw was for storms every day for the next 10. I'm not sure that that doesn't just take into account the evening monsoons, rather than being a forecast for the whole day.

I certainly am not blaming Michael, he was minding his own business which is what Fernando was doing when he moved over to avoid contact with him. Unfortunately for all three there was a gap that Jenson was filling and had they not been three wide would have successfully filled but it ceased to be a gap. Had Michael chosen a slightly wider line things would have been different and Michael wouldn't have been Michael Schumacher, had Jenson not made for the gap he wouldn't be Jenson Button. And Fernando didn't appear to want to have anything to do with hitting either of them, which seems very reasonable for Fernando.

The overhead at the end of the video would show the action a lot more clearly were it not for the banner! But you can just see that they are three wide quite some considerable way before the apex of the corner and that Jenson does indeed think better of it. But that Fernando has had to take an extraordinarly early attempt at finding the apex because of what Michael is attempting to do, which is get as close to the apex as he can.

Brogan said:
Have you heard Jonathan Legard on the BBC?
Is he the new guy I keep hearing about? He can't be as bad as the US commentators. No one can be as bad as them. They're great when it comes to technical updates and what not but I really miss hearing Murray and Martin when I was in Europe. Murray always sounded like he was on the verge of having a heart attack which was always epic. The US commentators need to seriously elevate more excitement.

Brogan said:
Some of us aren't far off that age
No wonder there's some quality discussion going on here.. :thumbsup:

snowy said:
I certainly am not blaming Michael, he was minding his own business which is what Fernando was doing when he moved over to avoid contact with him. Unfortunately for all three there was a gap that Jenson was filling and had they not been three wide would have successfully filled but it ceased to be a gap. Had Michael chosen a slightly wider line things would have been different and Michael wouldn't have been Michael Schumacher, had Jenson not made for the gap he wouldn't be Jenson Button. And Fernando didn't appear to want to have anything to do with hitting either of them, which seems very reasonable for Fernando.

The overhead at the end of the video would show the action a lot more clearly were it not for the banner! But you can just see that they are three wide quite some considerable way before the apex of the corner and that Jenson does indeed think better of it. But that Fernando has had to take an extraordinarly early attempt at finding the apex because of what Michael is attempting to do, which is get as close to the apex as he can.
I suppose Michael could've taken a wider line but I doubt he would have still held onto his position. I still think that if Button had backed off slightly, all three of them would remain intact without losing so many positions. In any case, Michael's car sucked anyways so I don't think this matters much. Brawn still has a lot of work to do.

Another rainy race?! Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom